Senior Software Developer
Ascend Fundraising Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Ascend Fundraising Solutions online and in-venue fundraising platform and solutions have been used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as United Way, Vancouver Canucks foundation, Canadian Olympic Foundation, Canadian Institute for the Blind, Kansas City Chiefs foundation, Boston Red Sox foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Foundation, Arizona Humane Society and many others.
We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations, raise funds by using our electronic raffle solutions, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases, and achieve record donor revenues.
As a leading provide of strategy and technology for 50/50 raffles, sweepstakes, and Catch the Ace raffles, we’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $1 Billion on our platform to date, and we’re only just getting started.
Reporting to Chief Technical Officer on our Technology team, the senior software developer will drive standardization of the most common parts of the product roadmap while pioneering new technologies and innovations.
WHAT WE DO:
- Plan and execute using Scrum
- CI/CD for rapid iteration
- Source control using Git
- Collaborate with other departments
- Put the success of the organization first
- Hosted on AWS
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Refine product development standards
- Comment on and contribute to policies and standards
- Develop software based on requirements
- Automate testing of software
- Evolve system architecture to align with product roadmap
- Be a leader by coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Participate in team resolution of issues, communicates issues and solutions
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 6+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to support teammates through mentoring and coaching
- Proficiency with C# and .NET
- Experience with web development (e.g. Vue.js, Node.js, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with system design (e.g. monolith vs microservice)
- You’re obsessed with learning about software development
WHY WORK AT ASCEND?
- Ascend is a market leader in the fundraising solutions sector and have a proven and highly regarded senior
- A team that is intellectually curious, dedicated, and has a willingness to get the job done.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term.
- Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes.
- Beautiful, downtown Toronto office with lake views and close proximity to transit.
- Competitive compensation package, including your preferred hardware.
- Hybrid work environment AscendFS is committed to building and preserving an open, inclusive, and healthy work environment. We welcome all applicants to apply to join our team.
We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
We thank you for your interest in working at AscendFS and we will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.