Miraterra DevOps Engineer
At Miraterra, a subsidiary of Terramera, we believe that soil health is crucial for mitigating climate change, increasing biodiversity and ensuring food security. We are a cleantech company using novel sensor technology, machine learning, and computational chemistry to generate soil insight and give farmers and agronomists the power to improve their soil health through data-driven decisions. This is the purpose that unifies and drives us and we are looking for brilliant and kind people who can join us in this mission.
YOUR ROLE AT MIRATERRA
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer. You will be essential to our success, supporting the development of CI/CD pipelines for Machine Learning, Hardware, GIS and Software teams. You will support our operations in a hybrid Kubernetes workflow utilizing a multi-cloud and on-prem federated infrastructure, multiple data lakes and working closely with the Machine Learning team on data transformations and pipeline workflow.
Reporting to the High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Manager, you will work closely with software engineers, machine learning engineers, the HPC team, and computational chemists across the company.
- Set up Kubernetes resources in our data center and in major cloud providers such as AWS and GCP
- Monitor and deploy Kubernetes’s applications including Helm, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
- Set up GCP and AWS resources such as load-balancers, compute instances, and databases
- Maintain workflows and associated assets in hybrid data center and multi-cloud infrastructure
- Provide level 1, 2 Linux systems administration
- Set up data pipelines, corresponding infrastructure and own the monitoring process
- Implement Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), preferably with Terraform
- Build and maintain CI/CD Pipelines: GitLab CI, ArgoCD
- Prepare and present technical presentations and system process documentation
- Deploy and manage S3 backed data infrastructure and LakeFS
- Two or more years experience with: managing multiple Kubernetes environments, preferably with RKE2 and K3S, developing infrastructure-as-code: Terraform, Ansible, Container Run-times, Ceph and s3, managing base container images & rollout security updates, Data Workflow Engines: Prefect/Airflow, Programming preferably in Bash and Python
- Knowledge of designing and building fully automated DevOps CI/CD pipelines, frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch and Tensorflow, tools such as Nexus, Delta Lake, LakeFS and DVC, data transformations in pipeline workflow
- Understanding of Enterprise networking concepts like CIDR, firewalls, and routing, Enterprise authentication concepts like SAML, SSO, and LDAP, Relational and non-relational databases and data lakes, Management of GPUs in K8s in a Data Center environment
- Ability to work as part of a small team, coordinating activities and contributing to the overall goals of the team and company
WE VALUE, BUT DON'T REQUIRE
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) (Obtained, in progress, or demonstrated)
- AWS certified Devops Engineer or Solutions Architect (Obtained, in progress, or demonstrated)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certified
- Data engineering experience
- Experience working in biotech, agtech, or natural resources
- Remote in Canada or United States, with occasional visits to our office in Vancouver, BC
- Full time, Permanent
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Miraterra is a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group.