Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
In this role you will be the central owner of quality in products in terms of improving field lifespan, field service processes, optimizing refurbishment, enhancing customer experience and establishment of RMA processes. As a Quality Engineer you will be also responsible for driving improvements in the quality, and serviceability of Semios products through their full lifecycle. Your responsibility will involve developing Semios quality process and KPI’s to optimize products’ field service performance and minimizing returns. It involves working with product development, engineering, data science, and field service teams to reduce returns and improve overall quality.
This role is not a typical corporate quality job consisting of standard audits and form filling and instead requires agility with immediate impact in a dynamic environment with cross functional work. You have the ability to work with and influence various teams including operation, product development, R&D and service teams where each play a key role in overall quality of Semios product.
What you will do (but not limited to):
- Establish and enhance customer products RMA process both externally and internally.
- Develop quality monitoring systems measuring relevant KPIs such as return rates and guiding the organization towards quality excellence.
- Establish cadence to review statistical trend, failure analysis on customer RMA, field failures on Semios products; Drive/lead Root Cause and Correct Action (RCCA), Failure Analysis (FA) processes.
- Own and improve field performance monitoring processes ensuring full compliance.
- Chair quality meetings with cross functional teams (product, engineering, field service, operation) to drive continuous improvement of existing processes and actions to reduce returns by understanding and improving key quality drivers, such as improve design and/or optimize diagnosis processes.
- Actively monitor field quality and provide resolution actions based on potential root causes when new trends/spikes are observed.
- Closely work with quality test team in the full lifecycle of product from manufacturing to field use and refurbishment to drive quality objectives.
- Prepare and/or review technical presentations and reports for communication of production status or metrics.