Seasonal Crew Lead - Turlock, CA
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
You are an experienced crew supervisor with a keen ability to motivate and lead people. You enjoy working outdoors. You believe in leading from the front lines and leading by example. You take pride in having things done correctly. You are self motivated, an excellent communicator and a great team player.
We are looking for temporary workers to assist with the installation of our wireless networks in almond, pistachio, stone fruit, citrus, and walnut orchards. Season likely to range from December through April.
What you will do:
- You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree fruit orchards.
- Oversee a crew of seasonal installation technicians; responsible for installing Semios network equipment and sensors.
- Ensure strict adherence to company policy and safety standards
- Transporting crew members and equipment using company vehicles
- Monitor, assess and report employee productivity
What you bring to the team
- Experience supervising personnel preferred
- A strong ability to motivate people
- An engaging interpersonal style
- A valid driver’s license with no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Comfortable towing, maneuvering and backing large trailers.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with commercial tree fruit operations and a background in agriculture
- Comfort with and interest in technology
Job Type: Seasonal / Temporary
- 40 Hours + Opportunity for Overtime
- Pay: $19.50/hr
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Work with an enthusiastic team
- Work outdoors
- Sleep better knowing you are making the world a better place through more sustainable food production.
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working on meaningful projects
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in collaborative work environment
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
**At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
**This organization participates in E-verify.