Seasonal Installation Technician - Fresno, CA
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Installation Technicians will be Semios’ hands in the field. You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree fruit orchards.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture, technology, and be comfortable with long hours outdoors in any environmental condition. You are a self motivated individual who is willing to work relatively independently while completing tasks, a good communicator and a great team player. We also need someone who is comfortable prioritizing their workload to be efficient and productive.
We are looking for temporary workers to assist with the installation of our wireless networks in almond, pistachio, stone fruit, citrus, and walnut orchards. Season likely to range from December through April.
What you will do:
- Install network equipment including Semios dispensers, insect camera traps, weather stations, network gateways, leaf wetness sensors and soil moisture monitoring sensors
- Troubleshoot and maintain sensors and equipment using our Service and Installation app.
- Operate company vehicles and ATVs
- Keep track of device and supply inventory
What you bring to the team
- Familiarity with commercial tree fruit operations or some background in agriculture desired
- Good verbal and communication skills to understand instructions and speak with management and internal teams
- Good physical health and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- A valid driver’s license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- Experience working with your hands
- A flexible schedule
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
Nice to have:
- Mechanical experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Familiarity or interest in working with technology
Job Type: Seasonal / Temporary
- 40 Hours + Opportunity for Overtime
- Pay: $17.50/hr
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
**We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
**At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
**This organization participates in E-verify.