Senior Account Executive - Sacramento, CA
Who we are:
Agworld’s mission is to connect the industry, we want to initiate changes that are positive in the agricultural industry with solutions that drive sustainable food production, and you can be a part of that too! If you can see yourself getting behind a company that wants to keep the world fed, ethically, then you would fit in here! We are independently owned, to ensure we’re always making decisions that are best for our customers, by Canadian company Semios.
We are an independent, privately owned company offering a data management software platform for both farmers and their trusted advisors. We help farmers run their businesses more sustainably both ecologically and economically. Our primary geographies are the US and Australia, with a strong presence in Canada, New Zealand and South Africa as well.
To support our growth, we are hiring a Senior Account Executive to work with our North America team serving the US and Canada. Attention to detail, good communication skills and a get it done attitude will thrive in this role.
Watch a short video to learn more about Agworld and how they connect the agricultural industry digitally.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
The primary function of the Senior Account Executive is to accelerate the growth of sales within the Midwest region of the United States. The role will be most effective by developing and executing sales strategies and undertaking business development activity. The Senior Account Executive will identify and deliver new opportunities in the market, grow revenue from Agworld’s existing client base, and collaborate on a sustainable strategy for future growth.
What you will do:
- Build a robust and accurate revenue pipeline and forecast for ag retailers and strategic sales.
- Attain monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Collaborate with the US SaaS Sales Manager of the US/CA business to set the revenue goals and develop a sales plan that drives growth in revenue and generates leads.
- Cultivate strong relationships with ag retailers and large growers to develop customer loyalty and increase brand awareness.
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics.
- Stay well-connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle.
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing/sales and account management functions.
- Participate in contract negotiations with ag retail clients and other large clients as needed.
- Assist other sales staff in closing sales.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- A degree in business, marketing, or another relevant field
- Proven experience developing and executing SaaS sales
- Agriculture sales, production or ag retail experience
- Good experience navigating/utilizing a CRM and strong attention to detail
- Top notch consultative, negotiation, presentation and overall communication skills
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Training and development opportunities through in-class learning and on-the-job training
- Work with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working arrangements and strong work-life balance culture
- Paid Vacation, Sick days and Holidays
- Health benefits and 401k
Semios and Agworld welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.