Precision Agriculture Sales Account Manager - Wenatchee/Yakima, WA
Who we are:
Semios is the premier AgTech solution for managing tree fruit, nut and vine crops. Employing internet-of-things (IoT) technology combined with big data analytics we collect over 500 million crop data points every day, empowering tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize production costs and improve yield. One of our customers spoke to their Semios experience in this short video which shows how our solution helps growers achieve more environmentally sustainable practices.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
Semios is dedicated to helping farmers leverage technology to produce a better outcome. Crop insights are stored in the cloud providing farmers decision aid solutions from anywhere, on any device, in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests.
Who you are:
You are an experienced sales professional and reside ideally in the Wenatchee, Yakima, Ellensburg or Royal City areas. Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems. With Semios, you'll take care of our existing customers while building new market share in our target crop markets by helping prospects with limited exposure to technology understand how we can improve their results.
The Precision Agriculture Sales Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and increasing revenue from existing accounts and developing new revenue streams with new accounts in their assigned territory. You bring a passion for and deep understanding of the challenges growers face in producing a great crop having worked in or studied agriculture. You are a master relationship builder. You understand a solution sales process and have a talent for discovering and helping customers achieve their objectives.
- Working with the Area Sales Manager to reach revenue objectives for the assigned territory
- Achieve personal sales quota
- Become a product expert of the Semios crop management platform solution demonstrating intimate knowledge of all key functions and capabilities of the system
- Engage customers and prospects on adopting Semios
- Build domain expertise on the product and industry to become an invaluable resource to the Semios customer
- Help identify, and develop strategic sales strategies to address the primary pain points of target growers for which Semios offers solutions including:
- Insect management
- Primary diseases of target permanent crops
- Identify any other cross selling opportunities for our add-on modules including water management, Altrac, Centricity or Agworld products and collaborate with those specialists to ensure a full solution selling approach
- As appropriate, liaise with and provide Semios introduction to important grower influencers including:
- Independent and contract pest advisors
- Other key influencers including WSU Extension Office Personnel
- Use Hubspot corporate CRM for territory management including:
- Entry and tracking of all relevant prospects and contacts
- Keep all prospect and customer interactions current including use of tasks, notes and files
- Follow opportunity management process and pipeline for revenue forecasting and reporting
- Attend designated industry trade shows, staffing booths, demonstrating solutions and prospecting for new customers
- Collaborate with and support, as necessary, your Customer Support Specialist to ensure an optimum customer experience
- Work with your Field Services Team in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Professionally represent Semios to all stakeholders and promote as a contributing partner and industry innovator
- Responsible for assisting in the customer payment collection process for completed customer contracts
- Other duties as assigned
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Exceptional level of enthusiasm, persistence and energy
- Outside/territory sales experience, prospecting, new business development, experience calling on farming operations
- Experience in the commercial tree fruit & tree nut crops in Washington
- Competitive nature and desire to excel
- A high level of organization and strategic thinking skills
- Competency with computer technology
- Valid driver’s license with no major infractions in the last 5 years
- Ability to travel throughout their state
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Agronomy or related field (Horticulture, Entomology or other)
- Experience maintaining productivity while working alone
Nice to Have:
- An established network of professionals in the industry preferred
- Knowledge of the use of mating disruption for pest control in key crops preferred
- Knowledge of technologies used in commercial agriculture preferred
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Competitive salary and performance based incentives
- You will be part of an expanding team of agriculture and technology professionals dedicated to an outstanding customer experience
- Work with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working arrangements and strong work-life balance culture
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Health benefits and 401k
Semios welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.