Support and Account Manager (Remote)
At Rooof, we build the world’s best software for automatically creating classified-ads. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built. We love working together and we’re very good at innovating, selling, and turning customers into evangelists! We’ve been growing rapidly and need another Support and Account Manager!
Rooof is a tech company that deals in B2B sales so this position is well suited for someone that has customer service experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This position requires someone who is comfortable being busy and multitasking and very comfortable with computers. Experience with managing a portfolio of customers is a plus!
Who you’d be working with:
Reporting to our Manager of Customer Success, you will play a crucial role in building strong relationships, acting as a trusted advisor, and bringing technical subject matter expertise to our customers. You will work closely with our current support and account management team – a group of highly experienced and passionate individuals who work hard each day to support our customers and ensure they have the best possible Rooof experience.
What does your day look like?
Our products, services, and company are only as valuable to our customers as the benefits they receive – they may subscribe to our software but they buy value and experience. Your job is to drive retention and growth by measuring and demonstrating the value that we bring to our customers so that their purchase decision is reinforced and our team is focused on enhancing the value that we deliver.
Primary Daily Activities and Accountabilities:
- Responding to client outreach: answering help tickets, phone calls on our support line, questions in live chat
- Booking and conducting support calls with customers to troubleshoot and provide on the spot training
- Following up with customers regarding current open issues
- Proactively identifying customers at risk and initiating and/or participating in retention activities
- Managing onboarding projects, submitting requests to engineering and ensuring that all tasks are completed prior to launch date
- Processing subscription cancellations, creating final invoices and following up with decision makers
- Maintaining contact with key decision makers within an assigned portfolio
- Ensuring that training needs are met for each management company within an assigned portfolio
- Maintaining data within our CRM, our invoicing system, and other Rooof systems
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the entire Rooof product suite
- Assisting in developing or updating support material, including help documents
- Acting as a liaison between our customers and our internal teams (product, engineering), serving as an internal customer advocate
Who are you?
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build trust and rapport quickly with customers
- You have a deep understanding of the customer experience and are empathetic and patient – your goal is to create evangelists
- You strive to be the subject matter expert through continuous learning
- You are curious, resourceful and driven to solve problems
- You have the ability to deliver complex technical information in user-friendly ways
- You have hands-on experience working with a high volume of customers and the ability to multitask between different channels such as email, phone and chat
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, browser extensions, and have a strong working knowledge of how to use a computer
- You are detail-oriented and an expert at prioritizing with minimal guidance
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy being busy
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now
- Previous experience in any customer service role is beneficial
- Experience using systems such as JIRA, Slack, Google Apps is a bonus
What success looks like
We pride ourselves on providing world-class customer support. Whether you are supporting a decision-maker or an end-user, our responses to our customers are quick, thorough, and provide solutions. Therefore, success in this position is directly measured by customer retention and growth as well as performance when responding to support tickets.
Here are some examples:
- A support ticket comes in, but it’s somewhat vague. It just says “My Rooof isn’t working!” Using the tools that we provide you, you’re able to decode what the client meant. You then work with one of our engineers to fix the problem and reply to the client with instructions.
- A decision maker from a smaller property management company needs to onboard a new property. You collect the necessary information and connect with the engineering team to get the technical side ready. Once background setup is complete you notify the decision maker and send the property installation information and training details.
- You sit down in the morning: the support inbox has 7 tickets waiting, you have 8 tickets to follow up on from yesterday, and your account management inbox has some pending emails from decision makers. You prioritize effectively and ensure that everyone gets the attention they need in a timely manner, while attending to the constant flow of small incoming tasks throughout the day. You give everyone the highest level of customer service and patience, even when you have other things to attend to. At the end of the day, the ticket queue is at zero and you have responded to everything actionable in your inbox.
Compensation – just in case fun people and a great product isn’t enough!
- We offer competitive, fair, and equitable compensation packages, based on experience
- Three weeks (15 days) of paid vacation
- Paid sick time off
- Professional development opportunities
Where does this go?
Initially, the role will be 100% support and account management. With time you will get to know more about Rooof, our products and the work your peers are doing so there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself professionally and progress towards future goals and aspirations.