Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Ritual delivers more than just an avenue to skip the line - we serve up a true community experience, helping you connect with your social circle and local businesses via seamless technology, all built around what humans love most - food. Since day one, our mission here at Ritual has been to help restaurants thrive.
We are looking for an Account Executive to continue to drive our mission forward. The right person is eager to hustle in a fast-paced environment with ambitious targets. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded person who works best independently with limited supervision and is eager to dive in, learn and iterate quickly, and deliver exceptional results.
The Account Executive is responsible for new business development via virtual prospecting, selling, and closing new merchant partners for the assigned territory. This role is responsible for achieving (and surpassing!) weekly & quarterly sales targets with uncapped commission, and high upside potential.
As an Account Executive you will…
- You will work with new merchants closely from initial contact to closing. This includes prospecting and qualifying net-new merchants, outreach, pitching, and getting to a yes!
- Prospect net new merchants through daily outreach via outbound calls and emails.
- Pitch merchants over the phone; adapt communication styles dependent on the merchant's sophistication and specific needs.
- Deliver exceptional and consistent customer service to all merchants. Building loyal and strong relationships at a local level.
- Be accountable for achieving and reporting on daily, weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Collaborating with Operations and Growth teams.
We’re looking for an Account Executive that has…
- 1+ years of sales experience
- Hustle: Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Is self-driven: You have superior organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks, even when multitasking. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Is a high achiever: Drive and execution are core to our sales execution. You should be able to point to examples which clearly demonstrate how you overcame obstacles to deliver against sales targets.
- Are authentic and genuine: Can we throw you in any conversation and you’d thrive? We work with a range of cafes, restaurants and QSRs. You should be able to kick around any conversation and make others feel comfortable.
Bonus points if you have
- Existing experience or relationships within the restaurant industry
- Sales experience in a startup environment
- Have been in an SDR/BDR role
What we offer:
- Contribute to a lifestyle-changing consumer product throughout North America, UK and Australia
- Ritual credits for you to spend at the best restaurantsHealthcare coverage from day one, and a flexible vacation policy (Need time? Take time)
- Equity in the business - ownership is a key value at Ritual and we want you to share in our long-term success
- Quarterly Wellness Days - your whole team takes an extra long weekend to refresh
- Work with truly elite peers while making a significant impact!
Founded in 2014 by three serial entrepreneurs, we help small businesses thrive in a digital culture with the ease and convenience of push button ordering, while retaining the human connection that makes local shops special. We believe we’re making a positive cultural impact on a global scale - and our investors do, too: we’ve raised over $140M in funding, helping us bring Ritual to cities in Canada, the United States, the UK and Australia. Hungry for more? Visit us at https://ritual.co/
Ritual fosters and welcomes diverse teams and ideas: ideas that are new, different, and game-changing. We constantly strive to live up to our core values of authenticity, open-mindedness, and focusing on impact. We aim to build a culture where difference is valued, every team member has a seat at the table, and all voices are heard. It is thus our mission to attract and cultivate diverse perspectives by empowering our people to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in Ritual’s selection and interviewing process.