Sales & Business Development
Remote · Canada
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
We’re building our Nest!
Where you’ll be: Working remotely, anywhere in Canada (in EST)
Your Role: Account Executive
Reporting to: Denise Willett
Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Nest Wealth created Canada's first SaaS-based digital wealth management platform to ensure investors have access to sophisticated, personalized and transparent wealth management services. Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions.
Finding amazing people is one of the hardest parts of building a successful company. That’s why we take our culture and our people seriously. We are a proud recipient of ‘Great Place to Work’ for the past 3 years, ‘Best Workplaces for Inclusion’, ‘Best Workplaces in Technology’, and ‘Best Workplaces in Canada’ and we've recently been recognized as part of the top 10 scaling startups in Canada by CIX.
Before you apply, get an inside look into our culture and learn from team members who discuss what we’re building, recent problems we’ve solved, how/why we’ve made changes to our tech stack and what it’s like joining our team!
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and passionate Account Executive with strong sales experience and experience in the wealth/investment management space. You will drive new business and sales revenue for our platform in the Canadian market.
Why we need your expertise:
- Develop and maintain relationships with C-level executives in Canadian Wealth Management Firms
- Identify new opportunities through relationships & networking and turn them into long-term partnerships
- Create a detailed business and territory plan to meet and exceed goals
- Generate buy-in and acquire new logos, managing the end-to-end sales cycle across a broad buying group
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding new customers and securing sustainable business deals
- Manage the end-to-end sales process through the engagement of appropriate resources such as Product, Marketing, Customer Success etc.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of competitors’ programs and activities within the territory
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Wealth Tech ecosystem and engage with prospective customers in a solutions oriented approach
- Negotiate agreements and keep strong sales data hygiene
- Leverage tools and technology to strengthen sales efforts
- Provide professional sales handoffs and support as needed with Implementation and customer success teams to maximize customer value
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Ability to drive a balance between the progression of multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities
- Strong domain knowledge and technical acumen
How you will make an impact:
- Build your Plan: You will use your in-depth knowledge of the sales process and your technical expertise, combined with your winning attitude, to help build a concrete sales plan.
- Cultivate the territory: You will build relationships and proactively qualify clients while continuously nurturing new and existing relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Prospecting & developing leads: You will increase our business by identifying & creating new opportunities to drive sales growth, prospecting and building a pipeline, following up on all inbound leads, sales inquiries, and marketing responses.
- Track: You will develop lists of prospects, leads and sales efforts in the CRM system, and move them through the funnel.
- Foster relationships: You will move prospects through your pipeline, following our sales process. From account analysis, proposal and project planning, presentations, and ongoing support throughout the sales cycle
- Commitment: Embody our 4CE (Force) values! You are Conscientious, Comfortable with Ambiguity, Competitive, Curious, and Expeditious.
How will we (and you!) measure success:
- Identify top Wealth Tech targets in Canada / separate accounts into tiers for SMB’s
- Create a plan to execute and exceed sales and revenue goals
- Growth & Conversion: Build the pipeline and convert at wealth tech industry levels including new opportunity creation, robust progression, and conversion of pipeline
- Close X% of New Canadian Logo contracts
How can you grow:
- Continual internal mobility opportunities as we scale
- Learning and development stipend to put towards professional development
- Dedicated Udemy D.E.A.L Days (Drop Everything And Learn)
- Company-wide lunch & learns across the organization to learn more about FinTech
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
What you can expect with our interview process:
We understand interviewing can be a daunting experience, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here is a step by step guide on what interviewing with us looks like:
1. 30 min “get to know you” interview with our Talent Team
2. 60 min “Meet the Hiring Manager” interview with our Director of Revenue and Chief Executive Officer
3. Case Study
4. 60 min “Meet the Team” interview with more members of the team
Our ideal time-to-hire is 28 days, we try our best to provide an efficient, engaging, and enjoyable interview experience. All interviews are over video via Google Meet.
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer support for you, professionally and personally:
Flexibility: An engaging remote-first culture in Canada coast-to-coast. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them
Comprehensive Compensation & Benefits: A competitive total compensation package that includes variable bonus, health and dental benefits, 3 weeks vacation, 10 days PTO.
Nest Wealth Equity: An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building
Learning & Development: Udemy Business license, $1000 L&D stipend to put towards professional development, Lunch & Learn opportunities, continual company wide workshops
Support for Growing Families: We welcome new additions with a generous parental leave top-up
A Connected team: Our social committee knows how to bring the fun! Team bonding game nights, workouts, wellness workshops, cooking classes, and more.
Social Impact: We partner with Troop to help us make a tangible difference in the lives of our neighbours who need it most. Each month we donate $1000 to a local charity and best of all, we get to see how our support is creating an impact in our community. We also have an Employee-driven Resource Group (NWomen); two paid volunteer days annually.
We’re pretty self aware as a company, and we know there are some areas where we can do better:
Process: The Company is growing fast in all aspects, which is great. We are one of the Top 25 fastest growing private companies in Canada over the last 4 years. The hard part is that we don’t have the processes of a big company in place yet. We are counting on our people to help create that process, stand-up better efficiencies, and adjust quickly as we grow.
Challenges ahead: We have pivoted to where we see the best and biggest opportunity as an enterprise & B2B solution. This requires rigour, discipline and planning from the entire team as we address the functionality and features of our platform and like any pivots, there have been a few bumps in the road.
Transition: This is the key to our success and our ability to scale but there will be short-term challenges in making this transition. We are revisiting everything from marketing collateral, pricing, and the go-to-market plan - and calibrating it all to sync up with the strategy. That is a lot to do in a short period of time!
We believe in everyone.
At Nest Wealth, we commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our company is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively advance our collective capabilities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.