Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Drive success of the company’s goals and objectives by achieving individual sales quotas.
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into your assigned accounts/market.
- Owning the entire sales cycle from cold calling to moving opportunities to closed-won.
- Maintain and forecast sales activity and opportunities within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with business development representatives (BDRs) to assist them with creating opportunities on your behalf.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of experience working as an AE in a full-cycle sales role.
- An excellent prospector with proven ability to book qualified meetings with net new prospects/accounts.
- Demonstrated the ability to exceed quota and have consistently been a top performer in previous roles.
- A self-starter who is motivated by opportunity.
- You’re a strong and confident communicator.
- You treat selling as a craft and have the desire to improve every single day.
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
This is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office 1-2 times per week.
Benefits and Perks
Nomad Policy: Work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks per year.
Hybrid Work Style: The best of both worlds. Enjoy remote work and a downtown Toronto office with snacks, events, and ping pong.
Time Off to Recharge: Great vacation day offerings as well as uncapped sick and mental health days.
Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and health spending account.
Monthly Social Events: Connect with your colleagues during baseball games, taco bars, escape rooms, and more.
Flexibility: We don't mind if you need to run to a mid-day appointment or pick up your kid early from school.
Endless Learning: Our platform isn't just for accountants. Listen to podcasts on soft skills, career development, leadership, and more.
LumiQ Clubs: Join an existing club or start your own.