Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
Reporting to one of our Sales Managers, you will have the opportunity to join a team with a proven record of success. At LumiQ, we strongly emphasize education and provide our team members with all the resources and training they need to thrive in their role. This will include a 3-month onboarding program, weekly 1-on-1s with your manager, weekly team-wide training and access to all the outbound sales tools that you will need to hit your sales goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish favourable first impressions with potential partners by cold-calling, face-to-face interactions at conferences, social media and email outreach.
- Build relationships with VP, Director, and C-Level executives within the accounting industry and provide solutions based on the organization's goals and business needs
- Develop a strong understanding of the key differentiators and the competitive landscape
- Accurately forecast and maintain pipeline and sales activities within our CRM
Who You Are:
- You’ve got 2+ years of outboundfull-cycle sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Effective verbal and written communication skills -- you aren't afraid of cold calling or crafting compelling emails
- Proven ability to build pipeline
- Naturally curious with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong work ethic
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
Please note this is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office for some team and company-based activities.
Benefits and Perks
● Health Benefits after 3 months with us, including a yearly health spend account
● Access to an Employee Assistance Program if needed
● Monthly team social events (Super Smash Bro party, hot chocolate bar, Blue Jays game, Hot Ones Challenge are just a few examples of what we have done in the past)
● Schedule flexibility. We know our employees have lives outside of work and don’t mind if you need to run to a mid-day doctor's appointment or pick up a kid early from school!
● Nomad policy: Work remotely 4 weeks of the year from anywhere in the world
● Office space at one of Canada’s most well-regarded startup accelerators—OneEleven (Front and John Street) which includes ping pong and foosball tables, monthly learning events, and a great opportunity to grow your personal and professional network with dozens of other startup folks in the space
● The chance to work with the world-class investors behind us, including Jean Desgagne, former CEO of GES at the TMX, Joel Lessem, Founder & CEO of Firmex, Neil Wainright, Founder and CEO of Nexonia, and Dennis Bennie, one of the Founding members of the Creative Destruction Lab.
See more open positions at Luminari
Something looks off?