About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Reporting to the Manager, FP&A, the Financial Analyst, FP&A will support and drive objectives of the Commercial FP&A team, ensuring senior leadership teams and business partners receive relevant data-driven analytics to empower short and long-term business planning and strategies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proactively provide insights for the CRO and sales leadership teams, sourcing, validating and utilising internal company data to develop analysis through financial models to guide business decisions which drive growth globally.
- Interface regularly with senior leadership teams and business partners, providing data driven analysis with a focus on insights.
- Report monthly financial and non-financial performance of Index’s sales business to the executive and leadership teams. Maintain a high level of accuracy and develop clear concise reports delivered on schedule.
- Responsible for the quarterly sales forecast for Ad Spend and Net Revenue. Completes analysis, presents recommendations. Provides feedback to leadership on plan the risks and opportunities. Works with leadership to identify of key actions needed for assumptions in plan to materialize
- Drive incremental growth by providing sales teams with analysis and insights as it relates to the top and key strategic publishers, DSPs and buyers (agencies) within the region;
- Using data driven modelling, support business with financial forecasting and budgeting, and hold responsibility for reporting and variance analysis on performance against targets;
- Support QBR requirements for as it pertains to data and it’s relevant presentation to stakeholders. Partner with Customer analyst for support as required for support.
- Support the implementation of strategies for initiatives to increase revenue, improve operations, and increase shareholder value, utilising Index’s internal software and reporting systems such as Looker, SQL, Python, Confluence and Salesforce;
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships, through participation in meetings, events and by gaining trust by demonstrating a customer centric approach to deliverables.
- Collaborate with team members across the globe, working with the Commercial Analytics team to develop best practices;
- Participate and lead projects as required.
Here's What You Need:
The following skills and experience are requirements for success in the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experience with Looker, SQL or similar tools and languages highly preferred;
- Ability to conduct research, interpret data and translate data into insights. Ability to present data in a logical and clear manner to business stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and a self-starter with an aptitude for defining and directing new processes;
- Project management experience and confidence to drive progress and accountability;
- Natural ability to articulate, present and tell a compelling story using data and data-driven insights.
The following skills and experience are considered assets for success in the role:
- Experience working within the digital advertising and/or accounting industry;
- Experience in handling large data
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.