Senior Data Analyst
About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Insights, the Data Analyst will support and drive objectives of the Commercial Insights team, partnering with our commercial business partners to drive revenue and growth through data insights.
What We’re Looking For:
- Critical thinker: Logical and concise with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams and collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity and self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious and love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find and tell a story when looking at numbers and graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 2-3 years working experience; 0-1 years in programmatic advertising preferred.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Become an expert in Index’s data. Build and maintain efficient data solutions for the commercial business, utilising our primary BI tool, Looker.
- Drive incremental growth for Index’s customers by uncovering and delivering proactive analysis and meaningful insights to our account management teams for Index’s clients, across publishers, DSPs and buyers.
- Provide client-facing analytics for a selection of key premium publisher accounts in APAC, partnering with the account team, attending meetings and quarterly reviews, and identifying revenue growth opportunities via data analysis.
- Design and build dashboards to quantify and monitor releases and initiatives
- Provide analytics support and empower internal teams with knowledge and resources by delivering a range of analysis, insights, and reporting for commercial teams, via a queue-based system.
- Drive initiatives to increase revenue and/or improve operations, utilising Index’s internal software and reporting systems such as Looker, Confluence and Salesforce.
- Have a leading role in strategic programs, to drive incremental revenue and improve efficiency for the business.
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis, releases, and outcomes to key stakeholders
- Be inquisitive and explore opportunities for automation of recurring and time consuming tasks, using creativity and programming language skills.
- Collaborate and learn from analytics team members across the globe.
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or a similar quantitative discipline combined with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among partners and team members.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, solve problems, make confident conclusions quickly, thoughtfully, and communicate clearly
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data and translating to insights for various audiences.
- Ability to be curious with data and translate it into meaningful insights.
- Experience or an interest in working within the ad technology industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL for querying databases.
- Experience with BI tools such as Redash and Looker considered an asset.
- Knowledge of digital advertising industry, participants, technologies, and advertising ecosystems considered an asset
- Japanese language skills a plus
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.