Application Engineer, Junior
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Application Engineer (Junior)
As Applications Engineer at ICSPI, you will have two main responsibilities: applications development and educating customers and distribution partners about our technology.
For applications development: you will be responsible for characterizing our groundbreaking MEMS devices, collecting, processing, analyzing and organizing data on novel samples, preparing technical reports and developing new protocols.
You will also act as an educator to both train researchers and engineers on the principles of atomic force microscopy (AFM) as well as using our breakthrough MEMS AFM devices. You will support internal sales as well as our international distribution network.
You will be presenting AFM technical seminars to labs and teams of scientists and researchers both on-line and in person and support trade shows and exhibitions.
You will be expected to travel up to 25% to support our customers and occasional mornings and evenings are required.
Who you are:
- You have the drive to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy helping people find new and breakthrough ideas. You focus on what can be done and how it can be done – not what can’t.
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written and ability to work with large language barriers
- You have excellent patience and listening skills
- Develop new applications of our AFM technology
- Characterize micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) devices
- Collect, process, analyze and organize data on novel samples
- Prepare technical reports
- Develop new sample testing protocols
- Maintain relationships with our customers and distribution partners, assisting them with issues, and continually supporting them with a positive, customer-centric attitude
- Develop and update materials for onboarding and training our distribution partners
- Perform in-person and remote installation, on-boarding, and technical training for customers and distribution partners
- Write visit reports and sample testing reports
- Perform equipment repairs and hardware/software upgrades
- Create demo protocols and sample testing best practices for in-person (on-site) and off-site demos
- Maintain, organize, and update distributor portal content
- Collaborate with the product team to provide insight based on customer needs for product development
- Develop application notes and other technical materials
- Coordinate supplies, materials and shipping logistics for customers when needed
- 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role at a hardware company
- Hands-on experience with AFM (preferred), SEM and/or other microscopy techniques
- Solid foundation in materials science, applied physics or engineering
- Experience working in a lab, research or quality control setting
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, & interpersonal communication
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with image processing
- Experience working with microfabrication techniques (lithography, deposition, etch)
- Experience with MEMS is an asset
- Experience working on research papers
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry
- Fluency in other languages is an asset
- Maintain an active passport and an ability to travel globally, unimpeded
- Travel up to 25% to support distributor training, customer training and equipment installations
ICSPI designs, manufactures, and sells atomic force microscopes that enable the next generation of nanoscale measurement. Our flagship product—the nGauge atomic force microscope—has reset the expectations for AFM and nanoscale metrology. ICSPI, backed by funding from DARPA, makes the fastest and most intuitive AFMs.
Send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject.
See more open positions at ICSPI Corp.
Something looks off?