Customer Success Scientist
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
**Experience: **2-5 years experience in a technical customer-oriented role
Education: Master’s in science or engineering, material science/nanotechnology preferred
About the role
ICSPI is seeking an energetic self-starter with a passion for helping scientists and engineers succeed.
As Customer Success Scientist at ICSPI, you will be an educator to both train researchers and engineers on the principles of atomic force microscopy (AFM) as well as utilization of our breakthrough instrument the world’s first AFM-on-a-Chip, the nGauge.
You will assist researchers in finding suitable samples for test, developing test protocols, assisting researchers in their set-up and analysis of data, and preparing technical reports.
You will support regional sales managers both domestically and internationally as well as train and support our extensive international distribution network.
You will be presenting AFM technical seminars to labs and teams of scientists and researchers both on-line and in person and support trade shows and exhibitions.
You will be expected to travel up to 50% to support your customer base and be available for online meetings both early morning and late evenings.
- Maintain relationships with our customers and distribution partners, assisting them with issues, and continually supporting them with a positive, customer-centric attitude
- Develop and update materials for onboarding and training our distribution partners
- Perform in-person and remote installation, on-boarding, and technical training for customers and distribution partners
- Perform instrument certification sample testing with distributors
- Host AFM technical seminars and webinars
- Perform customer sample testing in-person, online and at our facility
- Write detailed visit reports and sample testing reports
- Perform on-location equipment repairs and software, firmware, hardware upgrades
- Create demo protocols and sample testing best practices for in-person (on-site) and off-site demos
- Maintain, organize, and update distributor portal content
- Collaborate with the product team to provide insight based on customer needs for product development
- Write app notes and other technical materials
- Coordinate supplies, materials and shipping logistics for customers when needed
- You have a passion for building personal relationships and helping people find new and breakthrough ideas. You focus on what can be done and how it can be done - not what can’t.
- You want to support customers with the benchtop solutions that simplify their research and accelerate their time to data and publication.
- You will be an integral part of a small team, have a passion to succeed and transform the AFM market by making AFM instruments available to all labs and researchers world-wide.
- You are culturally sensitive
- You are comfortable with public speaking in front of large audiences and being able to answer questions under pressure
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written and ability to work with large language barriers
- You have excellent patience and listening skills
- You work well under pressure, and think quickly on the spot
- 2-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role at a hardware company
- Solid foundation in materials science, applied physics or engineering
- Experience working in a lab, research or quality control setting
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, & interpersonal communication
- Experience with AFM, SEM or other metrology
- Experience working on research papers
- Fluency in other languages is an asset
- Maintain an active passport and an ability to travel globally, unimpeded
- Must be able to access public facilities in Ontario
- Travel up to 50% to support distributor training, customer training and equipment installations
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject