Senior Software Developer
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Responsible for design/implementation of the new features/solutions that supports customer use cases in existing/new software products.
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating, and building software.
- Delivers on sprint commitments by working proactively with stakeholders to identify and navigate obstacles.
- Collaborate with multi-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients.
- Mentor their team members on new technologies, architecture, and standard processes.
- Drive continuous improvement/continuous deployment (Hosting and DevOps) across teams
- Fosters a security first mindset across those teams, leading by example.
- Reports to Manager, Software Development.
Skills & Work Traits (required):
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and the craft of software development.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Active interest and participation in DevOps as a culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and participation in a culture of writing things down.
- Effective research skills combined with the ability to generate options to make technology and architectural decisions.
- Able to switch context between the big picture and the details to identify
- Proven ability to coach and mentor other engineers.
- Committed to building high quality, secure, performant product and willing to pursue new learning in these areas.
Skills & Work Traits (preferred):
- Passion for evangelizing the creation of effective user experiences.
Technical Competencies (required):
- Experience developing large scale web applications and a thorough understanding of common architecture choices for them.
- Excellent understanding of relational database design including table design and optimization, transactions, stored procedures, and constraints.
- Excellent understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Self-guided learning of new tools, technologies, and stacks.
Technical Competencies (preferred):
- Understanding of NoSQL and unstructured storage technologies used to optimize high-scale applications and the ability to apply them to different parts of a system.
- A solid understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- Five or more years professional experience in Software Development/Engineering.
- Professional experience within an agile development practice.
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.
Something looks off?