An opportunity has arisen for a Cybersecurity Analyst to join the Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) team! We are looking for someone who is hungry to be a protector, has an eye for detail, and enjoys evolving. If you want to continue building on the knowledge you have learnt within a SIEM environment, then joining the Decisive family could be exactly what you are looking for.
Although headquarters is in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, we encourage candidates from across Canada to apply! If you have internet, everything can be set up remotely without upsetting your life to join our team!
When you join the DCO in Decisive Group, you become a member of a next generation team who are at all levels complex thinkers and innovators, who will help to provide secure cybersecurity solutions that are far from traditional.
If you enjoy being the first line of defense against cybercriminals, finding weaknesses in current networks, and keep up to date on the latest cybertechnology, then this is the right job for you! Discover how valuable experience can be and join our team!
The primary objective of the Cybersecurity Analyst is to monitor security alerts for potential malicious activity in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) environment. These roles are in an environment that operates 24x7x365 over 3 shifts (day, evening, and night). Each team member completing day, evening, and overnight shifts with one full paid week off per full rotation!
- Monitor security alerts of potentially malicious activity detected by security systems such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, WIDS), Log Monitoring, File Integrity Monitoring and SIEM;
- Determine and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts;
- Report and investigate potential security incidents;
- Provide recommendations to clients for containment and eradication of threats;
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms an actionable incident;
- Update security operations processes and procedures;
- Conduct research, consult with colleagues and training to maintain awareness of trends in new security threats, technologies, and regulations;
- Assist in IT security investigations, exercises and tests;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Willingness to learn and improve;
- Solid foundation of Network standards and protocols;
- Basic knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems is required;
- Understanding the technical aspects of Information Security;
- Experience with IT Security products and services, ideally related to SIEM (Splunk ES/ IBM QRadar) and others is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server;
- Programming and scripting skills;
- IT Security Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, CCNA, NSE, JNCIA, etc. is an asset
- Good English communication skills (written and oral);
- Bilingual French and English is a strong asset;
- Must possess or be able to attain Secret security clearance.
About Decisive Group
Since its launch in 2001, Decisive Group has grown to become one of Canada’s market leaders in Enterprise IT Infrastructure, Cloud and Cyber Security. Its team of specialists has extensive experience solving real-world problems, and in designing, building and implementing solutions that help its clients grow and protect their business today and in the future. Decisive’s Enterprise IT Infrastructure services are far beyond those of traditional vendors, delivering positive ROI while ensuring that clients’ projects remain on budget and on scope. Our Cloud and Cyber Security offerings optimize and protect the most complex information and data networks.
We hire the best of the best, creating an environment that engages and encourages growth and development. It isn’t just us that think so, we have the awards to back it up; bringing home an Ottawa Business Journal’s Employee Choice award five times, including in 2022!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Decisive is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.