Senior Software Developer
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Making learning better. How cool is it to have millions of people using your code every day!
D2L is a cloud company that’s modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are undergoing the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of this fundamental shift. New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions that engage and inspire learners, and by giving customers a platform that’s easy, flexible, and smart – no other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for more than 20 years, and continues to be dedicated to that in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns. And, by doing, so we’ll help improve human potential across the globe.
How will I make an Impact?
We’re looking for experienced Software Developers who’ve been working three or more years in the tech field and who are passionate about developing software and employing engineering best practices. You’ll use your experience and know-how to enable teams to be more productive and effective through the code they write, the decisions they make, and the knowledge they share. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we’re building the right technology and effectively advancing our goals.
Love how you do it
- You’ll work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Test Developers, Designers, a Product Manager, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Our team has many high potential junior members who would benefit from your strong technical mentorship
What is D2L looking for from me?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general, we are hoping:
- You’re passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
- You collaborate effectively, helping your teammates to grow and develop their technical and non-technical skills
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics, including data structures, algorithms, databases, and distributed systems
- A body of work demonstrating a consistent ability to complete technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline
Why D2L Vancouver is awesome!
- Flexible work hours and environment, currently allowing working from home and/or in the office
- Brand new collaborative (and dog-friendly) office environment
- Amazing views of Vancouver and harbour from dedicated top floor of historic Marine Building with private outdoor balconies
- Central downtown location, close to transit hubs, restaurants, and pubs
- Free secure bike parking and shower, with available (for extra charge) clothes dryers, full bike wash, and executive bike room
- Diverse and friendly group that schedules time to socialize over cake and games
- Foosball tables, video and board games
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.