Manager MLOps Team- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
We are currently seeking a Manager for MLOps Engineering to join our rapidly
growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada (excludingQuebec) and the US.
What your team does:
We at Clio have an amazing team that is on a mission to transform the legal experience for all, and our engineering team’s goal is to deliver an incredible experience to our customers.
In the AI team in Clio, we use the latest technology in the space of NLP and GenAI to provide our customers with solutions to make their work more streamlined and efficient allowing them to have more time to focus on their clients’ needs.
A day in the life might look like:
● Lead a team of MLOps and Software Engineers to create a robust infrastructure and that brings the state of the art AI to Clio clients;
● Collaborate cross-functionally with ML engineering, product management,
operations and data science to deliver new ML-driven features to Clio product;
● Architect, implement, improve, maintain ML and data pipelines.
● Work in an agile environment with our team of machine learning engineers,
MLOps engineering and full stack developers across a variety of projects;
● Learning new things, and challenging yourself and honing your craft as a
machine learning expert;
● Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with multiple engineering
teams across three countries;
● Review and provide feedback on code, both from within your own team or across all of Clio.
● Collaborate with teams across Clio to diagnose, understand, and solve problems, and to build solutions that may span many areas.
● Teach and learn from those around you - providing constructive feedback to
those around you, and taking on feedback to help grow.
What you may have:
● Experience in managing high performing teams;
● Experience with technical evaluations of various ML products, vendors,
out-of-the-box solution, and conducting quick POCs if needed;
● Understanding of LLMs and their competitive landscape;
● Experience in creating, maintaining and monitoring machine learning pipelines
● Experience to create data pipelines to clean, pre-process complex unstructured data for model development;
● Experience with model monitoring
● The ability to gain fluency in new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and
● Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
● A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex
● A portfolio of past projects (including notable successes and lessons learned)
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to build high-trust relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
What you will find here:
Compensation is one of the main components of Clio’s Total Rewards Program. We have developed a series of programs and processes to ensure we are creating fair and competitive pay practices that form the foundation of our human and high-performing culture.
Some highlights of our Total Rewards program include:
The expected salary range* for similar roles within Clio is: $171,000 - $256,500 CAD
Competitive, equitable salary with top-tier health benefits, dental, and vision insurance
Hybrid work environment, with encouragement for local Clions (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Dublin) to be in office min. once per week on our Anchor Day.
Flexible time off policy, with an encouraged 20 days off per year.
$2000 annual counseling benefit
RRSP matching and RESP contribution
Clioversary recognition program with special acknowledgement at 3, 5, 7, and 10 years
* Please note that the expected new hire salary range provided is derived from a group of like roles within Clio. Our salary bands are designed to reflect the range of skills and experience needed for the position and to allow room for growth at Clio. For experienced individuals, we typically hire at or around the midpoint of the band. The top portion of the salary band is reserved for employees who demonstrate sustained high performance and impact at Clio. Those who are new to the role may join below the midpoint and develop their skills over time. The final offer amount for this role will be dependent on geographical region, applicable experience, and skillset of the candidate.
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers