Senior Software Developer
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 850+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Engineering team and help us develop our amazing platform. The role will be ideally based in our offices in Barcelona (Spain),but we are open to discuss fully remote roles as well.
What you'll do:
- You will influence the technical vision and architectural decisions on how the product is built, deployed, and operated in production. Specifically, you will be the go-to person within your empowered team for consultation on design, work being contemplated or built as part of the product roadmap. You will collaborate with subject matter experts, Staff Developers, architects, and other product teams to make incremental progress, and to help come up with a path to move your products and teams there while building software to make the world a better place
- You will have exposure to a broad set of challenging technical and business problems to accelerate your career growth. Benevity’s engineering teams are focused on the hardest, most
interesting aspects of delivering high quality software to global clients. As someone who wants to learn and grow as a leading engineer, having access to all of Benevity's products, teams, and platforms, along with the vast compute infrastructure, provides a unique opportunity
You will work in rich and diverse technological contexts.
All your past experiences will be useful to contribute to the many challenges we face. Our products are build on the top of:
- Java/Spring Boot, PHP/Laravel and Vuejs all on AWS
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Keen interest in new technologies and web applications
- Good English level and a strong ability to communicate
- Team player, dynamic and proactive
- Independent and problem solving
- Focused on quality and results-oriented
- At ease with the gitflow, clean-code principles and code reviews
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible
What should you bring to the table?
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience and still have a curiosity and are malleability to learn new things (we are not tied to just one tech stack at Benevity)
- A commitment to leaving code/processes/people better than when you got there
- Excitement and willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert within your product area
- Demonstrable experience designing, building, and deploying performant, scalable, highly available and distributed systems
- A proficiency in cloud-based architecture and automated release pipelines
- An advocate for and experience in effectively managing and planning of technical debt
- An API-first approach expertise with loosely coupled systems, and domain driven design
- An openness to get fast feedback and be on board with trunk-based development, behaviour-driven development, and understanding how users use what you have built
- An attitude and pride in quality code and have multiple approaches towards testing
- Experience in improving and refactoring legacy code and optimizing existing systems
- A track record of mentoring and leading developers and helping them develop their technical skills and the belief that everyone has something to learn and teach
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re a passionate problem solver and want to put your skills to use helping the world’s coolest companies do more good in the world, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a team with a 99% client retention rate — the highest in the SaaS space — so you can learn and grow with the best.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity. Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword!
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity!
See more open positions at Benevity
Something looks off?