Senior Software Developer
Why should you consider joining Auvik?
- You want to work at a company that is building impactful, relevant technology.
Auvik’s network management software helps IT teams by automating time-consuming tasks, streamlining operations, and mitigating risk. It’s more important than ever to be able to remotely monitor and manage network infrastructure, and with Auvik, IT professionals have that essential visibility and control.
- You want to work with a leadership team who are transparent and trustworthy.
Our senior leaders have a vision for Auvik. They are experienced, knowledgeable, approachable, and consistently working hard to drive success, both for the company and the team of people who make it happen.
- You want to work with a product customers love.
People rave about what we’ve built—our latest NPS was 57 (phenomenal!). Our customers are smart, aspirational, and highly technical. It pays to get the details right.
- You want regular opportunities for learning and growth.
With ongoing feedback from leadership, you’ll find that Auvik encourages you to be your very best. Our onboarding process is thorough and informative because we want to make sure you’re prepared to have a great work experience. We also have programs designed to help you take the next steps you want for your career.
- You want the flexibility to manage your work, your way.
We’re a fully distributed team and we’re prepared to continue to support working from home (or the space you choose!). When we’re able, we’ll have Auvik hubs in Waterloo and Barcelona for you to leverage if needed. We trust you to get the job done where you feel most comfortable and effective.
What’s the job about?
As a software engineer at Auvik, you’ll be part of an agile team of coders, developing a network management service that monitors millions of devices, while solving big challenges for our customers. Drawing on your love of developing creative solutions, your can-do attitude, and your drive to do great work, you’ll help Auvik continue to build software our customers can rely on.
What will you be doing?
The industry is shifting towards cloud based systems and distributed work environments. We need senior software developers like yourself to level up on our product offerings. In this role, you will:
- Focus on designing architectures for microservices that are consistent, scalable, high quality and tolerant to faults and failures.
- Deploy and manage containerized applications using Kubernetes orchestration.
- Design and implement protocols for communication in a highly scalable, distributed system.
- Develop reliable and performant code for our collector deployed at tens of thousands of customer sites.
- Develop tooling using information from Netflow, Syslog, and other networking standards.
- Help expand the depth and breadth of our solution based on your deep knowledge of networking devices and protocols.
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to deliver software components to meet the needs of our customers.
What are we looking for?
- Background in designing and developing microservices.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, preferably AWS.
- Adept in building reliable, highly available, and scalable software on top of the Kafka streaming platform.
- Proficiency in agile methodologies such as scrum.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline to test and deploy.
- Passion for mentoring and guiding junior and intermediate team members.
- Enthusiasm towards researching new technologies and making recommendations based on experiences and findings.
- Accountability towards following processes and making suggestions for improvements.
- Desire to collaboratively create elegant, scalable, modern, code that evolves our products.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to work collaboratively with the immediate team and the larger organization.
Auvik makes network management easier. Our software provides the visibility and automation IT professionals need to focus on the work that delivers the greatest value to their organization. Today, Auvik helps IT teams manage more than four million devices on over 50,000 networks worldwide.
Auvik is one of the fastest growing North American technology companies. We’ve won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Deloitte Fast 500, and we were recognized as the #1 ranked Canadian company in the FT Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are happy to make any accommodations you may need throughout the interview process as well. Don't have a working webcam? We will help you find a space you can conduct your interview from Have kids or pets in the background? Don’t worry about it. Just let us know what you need when we reach out to schedule and we will make it work!
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.