Sales Development Representative
Ascend Fundraising Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Ascend Fundraising Solutions online and in-venue fundraising platform and solutions have been used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as United Way, Vancouver Canucks foundation, Canadian Olympic Foundation, Canadian Institute for the Blind, Kansas City Chiefs foundation, Boston Red Sox foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Foundation, Arizona Humane Society and many others.
We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations, raise funds by using our electronic raffle solutions, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases, and achieve record donor revenues.
As a leading provide of strategy and technology for 50/50 raffles, sweepstakes, and Catch the Ace raffles, we’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $1 billion on our platform to date, and we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Software Developer proficient in modern .NET technologies (at least .NET 5) and experienced in Linux environments. This hybrid role, based in Toronto, requires a candidate who is adaptable, with a willingness to learn and maintain a legacy Android application in Java. A background in other systems languages, especially Go, is considered a significant bonus. The position is integral to our team, focusing on cutting-edge software development and managing the transition from a legacy Android system.
What we do
- Develop high-quality software solutions using modern .NET frameworks (at least .NET 5) on Linux.
- Maintain and troubleshoot a legacy Android application written in Java.
- Collaborate with teams to design and ship new features for .NET applications on Linux.
- Lead the gradual phasing out of the legacy Android application.
- Mentor team members in modern .NET development and share expertise in systems languages, particularly Go.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in .NET, Linux, Android, and systems programming languages.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full-stack development, with expertise in modern .NET (at least .NET 5) and Linux.
- Experience with PostgreSQL for database design and development.
- Willingness to learn and work with Java for Android application maintenance.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience with other systems programming languages, especially Go.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.
- Experience in leading teams and managing transitions from legacy systems.
WHY WORK AT ASCEND?
· Ascend is a market leader in the fundraising solutions sector and have a proven and highly regarded senior management team
· A team that is intellectually curious, dedicated, and has a willingness to get the job done
· Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term
· Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes
· Beautiful, downtown Toronto office with lake views and close proximity to transit
· Competitive compensation package, including your preferred hardware
· Hybrid work environment: 3 days in office 2 days remote
AscendFS is committed to building and preserving an open, inclusive, and healthy work environment. We welcome all applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank you for your interest in working at AscendFS and we will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.