Senior Director of Business Development - Sports
Ascend Fundraising Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Ascend Fundraising Solutions online and in-venue fundraising platform and solutions have been used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as United Way, Vancouver Canucks foundation, Canadian Olympic Foundation, Canadian Institute for the Blind, Kansas City Chiefs foundation, Boston Red Sox foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Foundation, Arizona Humane Society and many others.
We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations, raise funds by using our electronic raffle solutions, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases, and achieve record donor revenues.
As a leading provider of strategy and technology for 50/50 raffles, sweepstakes, and Catch the Ace raffles, we’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $1 Billion on our platform to date, and we’re only just getting started.
At Ascend, our Sales Development Team is instrumental in driving the company’s growth. The Senior Director of Business Development plays a key role in in driving the company’s growth in our sports division. In this position, you will be part of the team, forming key strategic customer relationships. You will work directly for and with the CEO of the Sports Vertical to define and execute our sales and go to market strategy. You’ll play a highly influential role in the growth of the company in a strategic vertical. The individual that fills this position will be given any resources to achieve our ambitious goals. This role could be based in the Toronto or New York office depending on candidate preference. Ability and willingness to travel is a requirement.
• Work directly with CEO of Sports Division to drive the overall growth plan for the vertical
• Lead all outbound sales efforts for new business opportunities in sports
• Create, plan, and deliver presentations on our fundraising products and services to highly targeted prospects
• Cultivate and develop strong, ongoing relationships with sports foundations, leadership and commercial side of the properties
• Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize the sales effort including customer success, product/technology and finance
• Meet and/or exceed quotas
Desired Skills and Experience
• 10-15 years of experience selling in the sports industry – that can include sponsorship, advertising and strategic B2B partnerships
• Superior leadership & communication skills, collaborative with strong interpersonal skills
• Proven track record sales – in terms of both personal accomplishments
• Able to think both strategically and tactically for business development and growth
• Ability to work in a dynamic, high paced environment
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in a competitive, high growth and/or start-up environment, ideally in a leadership role.
WHY WORK AT ASCEND?
• Ascend is a market leader in the fundraising solutions sector and has a proven and highly regarded senior management team.
• Although a mature company, Ascend is a high growth company that takes a start-up mentality to it’s business
• Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term
• Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes
• Offices in New York City & Toronto
• Competitive compensation package, including a hybrid work environment
AscendFS is committed to building and preserving an open, inclusive, and healthy work environment. We welcome all applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank you for your interest in working at AscendFS and we will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Something looks off?