Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Alida believes in a world where customers are respected as the ultimate source of truth. Because knowing the whole truth about your customers—even the parts that are hard to hear—can help companies make better decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and growth.
That’s why Alida created its Total Experience Management Platform; a comprehensive CX solution powered by a highly-engaged, verified, always-on community of your most engaged customers that fuels sustainable business impact.
With Alida, innovative companies like HBOMax, Adobe, Lululemon and LinkedIn can anticipate their customers' ever-evolving needs to make better decisions, build long-term relationships, and grow businesses that stand the test of time.
Over 176 million people globally have used Alida's Total Experience platform to inform over 60,000 customer experiences initiatives.
Join us on our mission to put truth into action at www.alida.com and @alidaTXM.
Alida is seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized individual to join our team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. As an integral part of our finance department and reporting to the Treasury Operations Lead, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring the prompt collection of cash from customers, support in managing Alida’s global accounts receivables and billings, in addition to providing Management with analysis over the financial health of the Company’s cashflows. Additionally, you will be responsible for processing, tracking, and recording payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fully office based role, intended to follow the Eastern time zone (overnight shift).
- Responsible for supporting full cycle accounts receivable, including but not limited to follow-up on overdue customer accounts, bank reconciliations, ownership over the accounts receivable subledger and supporting with month-end close.
- Support Revenue Accounting with customer invoicing in accordance with contractual billing terms.
- Proactively manage the unbilled receivables subledger and promptly resolve customer invoicing issues directly with Revenue Accounting, Customer Success, and Sales teams, as required.
- Maintain account receivable records to ensure aging is up to date and that credits and collections are applied, which includes preparing and posting journal entries within Alida’s accounting system.
- Perform regular reporting and analysis over the health of the Company’s accounts receivables, including reporting on customer accounts by aging and key collection metrics, collection status, and identifying slow-paying customers.
- Assist with gathering of documents to support the auditor's requests.
- Other ad-hoc finance tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Ability to work the overnight shift onsite in the office
- Degree or diploma in Accounting (or equivalent) preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in an accounting-related role, preferably within accounts receivables.
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce would be a strong asset.
- Proficiency in using MS Office and G-Suite applications, particularly Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills who thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Professional attitude and a customer service focus.
- Strong team player, “can-do” attitude; flexible and efficient to get the job done.
- Willingness to perform tasks both above and below your own level of expertise.
- Experience working in a multi-currency global operation would be a strong asset.
We can’t wait to meet you!
We understand that applying for a new position takes effort and want to thank you in advance for taking the time to introduce yourself.
At Alida, we’re dedicated to fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, valued and included.
We believe that a diverse team is a core pillar in building better products and services for our global customers and we strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, religion, gender, age, disability status or sexual orientation. Even if you don't meet every single one of the stated requirements but you are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you anyway. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application for this role, and others we may have open now or in the future.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Alida has an accommodation process in place to provide reasonable accommodation to employees, and to qualified job applicants with a disability during the hiring process. If you require accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.
Alida takes your private information seriously. Review our Candidate Privacy Statement here to understand how we use and protect your personal information.