Sr Customer Success Manager, Mid-Market
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Senior Customer Success Manager guides Mid Market Teams and Business customers through established best practices by demonstrating an understanding of their structure and needs while guiding them throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account Management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. Customer retention is a key focus for this team member, supporting our customers in seeing the value of their investment with 1Password, and driving towards their adoption goals through proactive and reactive customer engagement.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- A proven track record with a 5 years experience in revenue generating roles and a minimum 3 years experience managing a book of business in a SaaS or Tech Customer Success role servicing customers through strategic calls and engagement.
- Strong communication skills over email, the phone, and video call. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them.
- You're technically savvy and enjoy learning new products and translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- You have experience and are comfortable in working closely with C-Level executives, and can navigate the nuances of working with different stakeholders to identify and drive value realization.
- Guiding customers through their lifecycle through email, webinars, and customized sessions; making prescriptive recommendations and helping customers achieve their desired outcomes and ensure high adoption rates across their book of business.
- Follows defined outreach and follow-up communication processes managing data and activity of customers in tandem with the Onboarding and Account Management teams; and synthesizing and logging findings from customer discussions such as feature requests, customer details, and general feedback/metrics accurately.
- Supports customers within their book of business through the annual renewal process, following defined process to engage with our customers early, and support in closing out renewals on a timely basis with customer satisfaction and retention in mind.
- You have experience managing revenue retention as your key metric - supporting your customers to drive tool adoption and prevent risk within your book of business. You are comfortable with identifying opportunities for growth and supporting sales counterparts in driving opportunities forward.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect:
- Month 1
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you'll be working with.
- Learn Salesforce, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to guide a small sized customer through an intro discussion in our Customer Success process.
- Month 3
- Can guide a small, or mid-market customer through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your product expertise to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand, while driving value for the customer.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so the marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy account book of customers for whom you are the Success Manager.
- Month 6
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers in internal teams.
- Have a steady book of customers with whom you’ve learned needs, built rapport, and put Success plans in place influencing the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
- Hands off cross-sell/upsell opportunities to Account managers and engages enthusiastic customers in advocacy initiatives such as 1Password Unlocked, case studies and product discussions.
- Contributes to the success of the Customer Success team in an ongoing capacity through team goals and metrics (including operational, NPS, revenue, and performance metrics).
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $73,000 USD and $99,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $67,000 CAD and $91,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
We believe in the power of remote work, but we also recognize that some in-person connection with team members and customers is important to help us achieve our mission. While we are a remote-first company, occasional travel for in-person engagement will be a part of this role. This may include but is not limited to bi-annual department-wide offsites, quarterly department meetings and periodic customer events. These events will typically be held in varying locations across Canada and the USA. In leadership roles, you can expect to travel once per month on average.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.