Sr Director, B2C
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We are hiring a growth-minded Senior Director of Marketing to lead our B2C business. In this role, you will be accountable for developing and executing strategies to drive B2C product awareness, self-service product sales, new customer adoption, recurring product usage, and renewals.
1Password is the category leader in both consumer Password Managers as well as B2B Enterprise Password Management. The B2C business has been at the core of 1Password since our founding. With millions of consumer customers, our B2C line of business is a strategic operation delivering a significant portion of our annual revenue. While every 1Password function supports the B2C business, this role will be the nexus of leadership that aligns the plans, priorities, and actions driving B2C growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for annual planning, calling and achieving weekly and monthly forecasts, running monthly business reviews, and guiding the continuous observation and optimization of our B2C revenue engine. You will be responsible for new consumer customer acquisition including driving top of funnel volume and optimizing conversions to free account creations and paid account transactions. You will oversee the design and execution of B2C marketing campaigns that build brand awareness and education with target consumer personas on a global scale. Your scope will include partnering with our Product and Technology teams to refine the in-product onboarding, activation, and conversion experiences to optimize engagement and value during the free use period in order to maximize purchases at the end of the period. You will help prioritize and guide the improvement of in-product experiences to foster regular active usage throughout the subscription period with a goal of increasing upsells from individual to family plans and earning renewals at the end of the subscription.
Your primary measures of success will be revenue growth from new paid accounts, renewal rates, and customer lifetime value.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 12+ years of combined total experience in consumer software product management, B2C software marketing, high-velocity B2C or B2B growth marketing or a similar role.
- Deep experience in B2C subscription software business models featuring free trial-to-buy, freemium, or product-led growth models.
- Expertise in both proven and cutting edge methods for driving growth in market leading consumer solutions.
- 4+ years of experience as a people manager and team leader.
- Proven track record of driving user acquisition, onboarding, engagement, and revenue growth.
- Expert-level analytical skills, with experience using data to inform product decisions and drive growth. Expertise with A/B testing, and other experimentation methods.
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, collaboration and communication skills, with experience influencing strategy and aligning execution across organizations in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for creating exceptional high-performing user experiences and delivering business growth.
What you can expect:
- Own B2C demand generation and sales performance results end-to-end across the buyer journey from first touch at the top of the funnel to completion of subscription purchase.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive B2C growth strategy to address consumer pain points, provoke demand, and increase user activation.
- Design and execute integrated B2C marketing campaigns using an optimal mix of web experience, SEO, digital channels, OOH, experiential, and/or content marketing to reach our target personas at the right time in the right channel with engaging messaging and a compelling hook.
- Work cross functionally with the Product and Technology Engineering teams to create in-product experiences that increase the speed of new user onboarding, increase product adoption during the free trial period, and reduce the time to that ‘aha’ moment that convinces consumers to purchase.
- Work with the Customer Experience (CX) team to ensure a world class interaction for our users when they reach out for support, gathering feedback and ensuring pain points are communicated and actionable to drive engagement and positive sentiment.
- Optimize key conversion rates, including web visit to free trial and trial account to paid account.
- Guide purchase decisions to the higher-value Family plan, and implement upsell strategies to move Individual plan subscribers to Family plans to increase average contract value.
- Leverage data-driven insights to drive annual planning, monthly business reviews, and continuous optimization of growth levers and product experiences.
- Prepare weekly sales forecasts and drive to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- Partner with our CX team to drive consumer retention to improve user value perception to sustain 1Password’s high subscriber renewals on Individual and Family plans.
- Drive a culture of experimentation, utilizing A/B testing, and iterative development to continuously improve acquisition performance and drive monthly active user KPIs.
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $209,100 USD and $283,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $198,900 CAD and $269,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.