Director, Managed Service Providers Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The 1Password Partner team proactively works to support our partner ecosystem to get the most value in their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term strategic relationships and acting as a trusted advisor. Partners are a core focus for the future growth of 1Password.
In the role of Director of MSP Channel Growth, you will take ownership of driving substantial growth within our Managed Service Provider (MSP) channel. Your pivotal responsibility will be to formulate and execute MSP strategies that lead our partners through established best practices. Demonstrating a profound understanding of the needs of their customers, you will act as a dedicated advocate within 1Password. You will forge robust professional relationships with key partners across the MSP channel ecosystem, and leverage these connections to identify opportunities for strategic growth plans. Your expertise will guide the identification of programs and strategies that not only foster partner growth but also contribute significantly to the overall growth of 1Password.
This role represents a senior-level position demanding a skillful blend of sales acumen, leadership prowess, program development finesse, and adept relationship management. Your mission is to deliver a suite of scalable, partner-centric, revenue-generating partnerships that align seamlessly with 1Password's overarching objectives.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated successful experience leading the channel management activities for Managed Service Providers (MSP).
- Extensive experience working with channel partners across MSPs, Resellers and/or distributors.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally, offering insights and prioritizing product roadmaps to align with MSP partner requirements.
- Ability to translate the requirements of initiatives into actionable features that can be delivered in increments.
- Proven experience leading and aligning multiple teams across sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, and customer support to execute on strategy.
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Over 7 years of experience in channel partner management and/or business development with at least 2 years of experience leading people.
- Proven success hiring and developing a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Demonstrated understanding of building customer-centric partnerships from ground zero with a bias toward action.
- Extensive experience navigating strategic and complex partnerships adeptly, facilitating co-selling with internal teams and ensuring cross-functional coordination.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging both internal and external resources, adept conflict resolution, and diligent follow-through with channel partners.
- Possess a network of relationships with channel partners partners to aid in opportunity identification.
- Experience in Cybersecurity or SaaS industry is a plus.
What you can expect:
- Accelerate business for our partners and 1Password: Leveraging a deep understanding of global market dynamics, you will discern the needs of 1Password and our partners. Craft a comprehensive strategy that fosters win-win solutions, driving mutual revenue growth.
- Drive operational excellence: You will Exhibit excellence by formulating strategic growth plans, compelling business cases, and partner pitches. Deliver actionable reporting while meeting deadlines and exceeding the expectations of both internal teams and partners. Simultaneously, focus on growing the partners' business.
- Demonstrate Strong Partner Development Experience: You possess the vision to identify and drive impactful strategic partner opportunities. Demonstrate the confidence and experience to establish strategic Go-To-Market (GTM) partnerships that mutually benefit 1Password and our partners in maximizing revenue opportunities. Utilize effective communication, organizational prowess, and interpersonal skills to ensure program success.
- Implement a Structured and Organized Approach: Display hyper-organization skills to manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently. Navigate partner contracts, align internal processes, formulate business and financial plans, and engage cross-functional teams for program development—all activities managed with comfort and precision.
- Lead by Example: As an adept sales professional and leader in the Go-To-Market space, you will flex between hands-on involvement and leading and coaching others as the function and team scale. Your experience serves as a guiding force in navigating the complexities of business growth.
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $179,000 USD and $242,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $161,000 CAD and $217,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
We believe in the power of remote work, but we also recognize that some in-person connection with team members and customers is important to help us achieve our mission. While we are a remote-first company, occasional travel for in-person engagement will be a part of this role. This may include but is not limited to bi-annual department-wide offsites, quarterly department meetings and periodic customer events. These events will typically be held in varying locations across Canada and the USA. In leadership roles, you can expect to travel once per month on average.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.