Accounting & Finance
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be a key member of our growing Controllership team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You will be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in Finance with a CPA designation. SaaS or technology company experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Netsuite) and advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and process improvement skills.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Experience with intercompany transactions and a multicurrency corporation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
What you can expect:
- General Ledger Management
- Perform month-end closing tasks including preparing, and analyzing accounting entries and account reconciliations which can include the following accounts:
- Cash accounts
- Cost of sales
- Capitalized development costs
- Prepaid expenses
- Other accounts as required
- Manage the month end close process and conduct regular meetings with the team to ensure timelines are being met.
- Financial Analysis
- Conduct variance analysis for assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts and provide meaningful insights into financial trends.
- Assist Accounting Manager in the preparation of the monthly reporting package which includes financial analysis.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation and memos that support reporting needs and audit processes.
- Audit Support
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits.
- Provide necessary documentation and explanations during audit processes.
- Cross-functional Collaboration & Process Improvement
- Collaborate with other departments such as Engineering, Sales and IT to gather and analyze financial information.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency in financial operations.
- Implement best practices to streamline accounting processes and assist in projects related to automation of financial reporting processes.
- Stay current on US GAAP accounting pronouncements and ensure the company’s accounting practices comply with relevant regulations.
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $88,000 USD and $118,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $81,000 CAD and $109,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact .