Developer, Security Development
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Security and data privacy are at the core of everything we do at 1Password. The Security Development Team is responsible for implementing new security features across our macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and Web applications, building libraries to share common security-critical code, resolving security vulnerabilities across our applications, and promoting secure coding practices across the organization.
As a Developer on our Security Development Team, you will assist with implementing the next generation of security features in our applications, and help shape our security operations and best practices. You'll be intimately involved in ensuring secure coding practices across our code-base, resolving security vulnerabilities in our products when they arise, and working with our Security Engineering teams on a variety of topics in the applied cryptography domain.
This is a Remote opportunity within the UK.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in software development with a security angle; development experience with modern encryption techniques and libraries or authentication protocols
- 2+ years of experience with software development (C, C++, etc.) with a preference for experience with Rust
- A strong understanding of and passion for the security domain; that could include understanding of topics in the sub-domains of cryptography, network security, application security, common threat vectors, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; our security team often communicates nuanced topics to a variety of internal audiences, and has to understand these nuances during the design phase
- An inherent curiosity in the evolving security landscape
You might also have (not required):
- Experience with TypeScript, or Go
- Experience with code review in a team environment
- Leadership experience as a software developer in a team environment
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab
- Personal experience using 1Password
What you can expect:
- Work within a small team of developers who are specialists in Rust, Go, and Security Development
- Implement new security features for the next generation of 1Password
- Develop secure libraries to share common security-critical code across our applications
- Assess and take appropriate steps to resolve new security vulnerabilities across our applications
- Review developer code across our code-base with a security lens to ensure best practices are followed
- Work with a variety of teams across our hybrid core architecture from Design to QA, as well as security engineering for design guidance and cryptographic expertise
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we want to hear from you. We understand that everyone's experiences are unique.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
1Password is proud to be Disability Confident Committed.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact .