Engineering Manager, Confidential Computing
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our team is building the future of 1Password by empowering the development of ambitious new features. We focus on creating building blocks that developers at 1Password use to create exciting features for our customers. Specifically, we are building a comprehensive Confidential Computing platform comprising several services and a robust developer tool-chain. With AWS Nitro Enclaves at the core, our platform unlocks 1Password’s ability to offer impactful new features while remaining on the leading edge of security and user data privacy.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and help us build innovative new 1Password features. This position will be supporting an agile team of software engineers working on a platform that is heavily focused on security and data privacy. This is a great opportunity to work with leading edge technologies and have a wide impact across our product. As a member of our team you will collaborate closely with cross functional partners and other engineering teams.
What we're looking for:
- A leader with experience and passion for hiring, growing and developing engineers
- A passionate technologist with experience in building scalable solutions, ideally, mature platforms and toolchains aimed at developers.
- Previous experience of building and managing teams of high-performing developers.
- A manager who leads by example and puts their customers first.
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully challenged to do great work.
- Capable of driving the delivery of projects, and creating roadmaps for future work.
- Effective in cross-functional communication and building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you can expect:
- Drive alignment and be responsible for the results of the team in support of broader company objectives.
- Collaborate with senior individual contributors to create an engaging technical vision for the team.
- Work with cross-functional partners to define the best solutions for our customers, both internal and external.
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team.
- Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication.
- Grow individual contributors to reach their potential.
- Recruit and retain top tier talent in a fast growing environment.
- Continue scaling a highly specialized engineering team by working with a team of Engineering Managers to continuously refine hiring, onboarding, and development processes.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Confidential Computing concepts.
- Experience with remote Trusted Execution Environments, such as AWS Nitro Enclaves.
- Experience building end to end encrypted applications.
- Experience onboarding to and supporting remote teams.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $180,000USD and $244,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.