Account Manager [Mid Market]
Sales & Business Development
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Sales team is responsible for building relationships with our customers from the first point of contact to close.
As an Account Manager [Mid-Market], you’ll maintain a portfolio of customers, constantly keeping your finger on the pulse when it comes to their performance, engagement and growth with 1Password.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Proven sales and account management with 3+ years of experience in sales in the security industry.
- Great communication skills over email, chat, phone and video calls – you’re someone who’s comfortable translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Personable but persuasive and able to communicate convincingly over the phone.
- You have a data-driven, decision making mentality that allows you to draw insight and tell a compelling story to improve performance and relationships.
- You have strong business acumen and know what it takes to help drive and achieve business goals & OKRs.
- Familiarity with the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and of course SaaS.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Linkedin Sales Navigator and other Sales tools.
- A background in customer centric selling is preferred.
- It’s a bonus if you have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect:
- Act as the main point of contact for your portfolio of clients, supporting users, understanding their goals and resolving any issues.
- Plan and execute campaigns across digital channels to promote engagement, new product solutions and success.
- Determine what drives growth that’s closely aligned with revenue.
- Constantly analyze your customer’s performance, quickly identifying any opportunities for proactive engagement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create a great end-to-end experience for our customers.
- Monitor metrics daily, track KPIs, and take action on any trends you observe.
- Work with the account management team to execute on group priorities and ensure you’re supporting broader business goals. You’ll lean into other teams, including growth, marketing, and operations to ensure we’re working on the most effective projects.
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $63,000 USD and $85,000 USD and is commission eligible. The role is also eligible for immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $63,000 CAD and $85,000 CAD and is commission eligible. The role is also eligible for immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
We believe in the power of remote work, but we also recognize that some in-person connection with team members and customers is important to help us achieve our mission. While we are a remote-first company, occasional travel for in-person engagement will be a part of this role. This may include but is not limited to bi-annual department-wide offsites, quarterly department meetings and periodic customer events. These events will typically be held in varying locations across Canada and the USA. In leadership roles, you can expect to travel once per month on average.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.