Senior Developer, Filling and Saving
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Filling & Saving team builds and maintains the core experience for filling and saving your most important data online to make 1Password the easiest and simplest password manager in the world. We’re excited to continue setting the standard in password management as well as building our passwordless capabilities across platforms and we’re looking for someone who can help us in those endeavors. You will work with Product, Design, and QA teams internally as well as the open-source community to advance our filling and saving experience in an ever-changing environment.
An ever-increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. Come help us build the backbone of 1Password!
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Experience building complex client-side web applications
- Consideration for code quality with an ability to deliver appropriate and effective feedback to teammates
- An enthusiastic attitude to learn while tackling new features and make existing ones better
- A healthy balance of being able to work collaboratively while also taking responsibility for assigned tasks
- Creative problem solving in the modern web domain
- Experience with directing the complete development lifecycle of a project from initial planning, through development, and into customer support
- Experience being a technical partner in planning, executing and shipping features in collaboration with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience with shipping quality software quickly, focusing on customer value and iteration
- Production experience with TypeScript
- Production experience with a UI framework: React, Svelte, etc.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Intermediate knowledge of modern web APIs
On the technical side…
We’re looking for a developer with a solid technical foundation who can easily jump around various repos and languages.
What you can expect:
- Partnering with internal cross-functional teams to help prioritize work that balances product requirements, customer value and technical needs
- Leading technical design of features and implementation
- Documenting technical solutions and designs
- Writing code with focus on reliability, quality and durability
- Helping others level up their skills through mentoring and coaching
- Remaining curious and seeking opportunities to expand and deepen your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with browser APIs such as the Navigation API or Web Authentication API
- Experience working on browser extensions with familiarity in topics such as content scripts, messaging, and DOM manipulation
- Some experience with Rust and Web Assembly
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $150,000USD and $202,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?