Staff Developer, Insights
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our team is responsible for the development of features that help our users gain insights into their security best practices and 1Password usage. We surface relevant data to inform & solve security challenges, enabling broader organizational adoption of our security offerings.
Some representative high visibility projects that we’ve shipped this year are 1Password Events API and Admin Dashboard. We’re looking for a strong technical leader to join our team of talented engineers to help as we continue to provide impactful deliverables to our users.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience building resilient and reliable software within a full stack capacity. You’re able to lead technical discussions and drive decisions
- You have experience working on products with millions of users distributed globally
- You’re comfortable with leading a team of diverse stakeholders from technical design through execution. You have a servant leadership mindset, also providing guidance to help more junior team members expand their leadership capabilities as they step up to these opportunities
- You’re able to influence and drive conversations with multiple stakeholders, ensuring alignment and understanding across many levels of the company
- You learn continuously, share knowledge, and mentor engineers across the org: provide code review and feedback to juniors and peers on technical designs, merge requests, etc
- You have excellent communication skills, and an ability to describe projects that you or the team is working on with confidence and depth of understanding of the topic at hand
- TypeScript/React, Swift, Kotlin, Go, Rust, SQL/MySQL, ElasticSearch
Bonus points for:
- Technologists with a breadth and depth of experience in the languages & paradigms we use
What you can expect:
- Lead or assist on making key technical decisions supporting 1Password’s Insights architecture
- Write well tested & well documented code
- Work with the Engineering team as well as senior leaders within Engineering to drive alignment and deliver the best possible solutions
- Operate autonomously; effectively prioritize projects and information, and make good judgment calls; scope and lead complex multi team initiatives
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we want to hear from you.
We understand that everyone's experiences are unique. A key contribution you can bring to this role is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $180,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?