Manager, DevOps Engineering
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The 1Password DevOps engineering team is responsible for building, observing and maintaining all of 1Passwords infrastructure. This team sits at the intersection of nearly every tool, application and service that we use in order to build a great customer experience. As an Engineering Manager you will be working closely with a team of DevOps Engineers to support 1Passwords current infrastructure , while also building the infrastructure and tools needed to scale 1Passwords future growth.
For this role, you can be located within the US or Canada, and will be expected to be fully remote.
What we're looking for:
- Several years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Significant experience with cloud native infrastructure and technologies. While you are not expected to write code, you do need to be able to “talk the talk” to help the team work through complex technical issues
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully challenged to do great work
- Capable of driving the delivery of projects, and creating roadmaps for future work
- You have helped a team scale both themselves and the services they are responsible for
What you can expect:
- Help set and support strategic direction for the DevOps team
- Drive alignment and be responsible for the results of the team in support of broader company objectives
- Collaborate with senior individual contributors to create an engaging technical vision for your team
- Work with cross-functional partners to define the best solutions for our customers, both internal and external
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team
- Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication
- Provide technical leadership to developers both in your team and across the engineering organization
- Coach individual contributors to help them reach their full potential
- Recruit and retain top tier talent in a fast growing environment
- Continue scaling a highly specialized engineering team by working with a team of Engineering Managers to continuously refine hiring, onboarding, and development processes
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience working CI/CD and IaC tooling such as terraform
- Experience managing remote and distributed teams
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we want to hear from you. We understand that everyone's experiences are unique.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: The annual salary for this role is between $177,000USD and $239,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?