Sr. QA Specialist
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We are looking for a Sr. QA Specialist to join our growing QA team to help our engineering teams deliver software quickly without compromising quality. Using both hands-on testing and automation, QA Specialists provide continuous feedback throughout the development process ensuring quality is top of mind from design through delivery.
As a Sr. QA Specialist at 1Password, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a variety of projects and collaborate with teams across the entire company. You’ll look beyond proper functionality and work to ship features that truly delight 1Password customers. Whether you enjoy enabling enterprise customers with Unlock with SSO or thrive on the cutting edge helping build passwordless integrations, there’s no shortage of interesting projects in need of your expertise.
A typical day might involve working with your QA teammates to assign and prioritize testing projects, testing changes to a critical feature or function of 1Password, helping a development team design a test plan for a forthcoming feature, or exploring a new feature in search of usability issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to our new automation suite built on Playwright, if you have an interest in automation.
No matter your passion, you’ll be empowered to instill quality in a critical app used by millions of customers every day. Your work will play a key role in ensuring 1Password remains the world’s most loved password manager.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Considerable experience doing hands-on testing for web applications.
- Experience leading QA efforts on a project from initial design through delivery.
- Proficient at debugging, analyzing results, and producing detailed bug reports with steps to reproduce where possible.
- Good written and verbal communication, including the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Track record of mentoring and coaching junior team members and empowering the team to be effective quality stewards.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with performance or accessibility testing.
- Knowledge of CI pipelines and experience implementing UI testing in CI environments.
- Experience using 1Password as a customer.
What you can expect:
- Work with a feature team to test, improve, and release new 1Password features.
- Iterate on and improve our QA processes to increase efficiency and visibility.
- Coordinate with product management, technical program management, and engineering to triage and prioritize new issues.
- Assist engineering and customer support in reproducing and documenting issues reported by customers and internal stakeholders.
- Opportunities to write automated tests and work alongside our Build and Release team to integrate automated testing into our CI pipelines.
- Collaborate with a passionate team of Quality professionals to ensure every 1Password release is the best it can be.
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we'd like to hear from you.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. We believe in continuous learning and support professional development on the job with a budget to back it up. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $107,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?