Staff Developer, Billing & Payments
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2022
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Billing & Payments team creates and maintains the foundation of our SaaS business to fuel the growth and adoption of 1Password worldwide. We have experienced tremendous growth but see an even brighter future ahead of us as we carve a deeper path into the B2B space. We’re looking for someone that can help us take our systems that process millions of transactions to the next level as we take a step function into global scale. You will coordinate with stakeholders across the company, our third-party partners, and multiple payment providers to help customers access our services in ways that best suit them.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- A profound respect for user privacy and information security.
- Comfort in a role where you will influence the technical direction of your team and the engineering organization as a whole.
- Experience with following through on long-term projects that affect many dependent teams.
- A critical eye for detail while understanding that perfect is the enemy of good.
- Consideration for code quality with an ability to deliver appropriate and effective feedback to teammates.
- Takes ownership of issues and drives to solution
- A desire to coach, mentor and sponsor developers on your team.
On the technical side...
- Experience working in Go.
- A strong understanding of how servers and clients interact, API design, multi-service architecture, efficient database design, and experience scaling a system into millions of users and terabytes of data.
- Frontend experience with React/Typescript would be a bonus
What you can expect:
- As a technical leader you would help chart the path to our technical future as we scale the product to meet the demand and scale of our growing business
- To build integrations with third party systems as we evolve our product deeper into the B2B world
- To troubleshoot and fix bugs, and provide code and design reviews for your team.
- To be able to lead architecture direction in Go with robust unit and integration testing structure
- To document the decisions you make when creating new features so the rest of your team members can follow along.
- To keep security and privacy front of mind in all aspects of your work.
- To be a leader in a collaborative group where the team succeeds as a whole. Sponsoring a balance between the importance of life and deeply valuing our supportive and flexible work environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team.
- Provide mentorship for developers of various levels on the billing team.
- Identify areas where we can improve not just our code but our development process and/or tools.
We strive to do our work asynchronously most of the time and jump on Zoom if needed. This workflow gives us great flexibility and creates an environment of freedom. That way we can get our work done in the way that best suits us.
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we'd like to hear from you.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. We believe in continuous learning and support professional development on the job with a budget to back it up. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $180,000USD and $244,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?