Recruitment and Culture Coordinator
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry. We’re currently a distributed team of 61 (you’d be lucky Lumerite #62!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about the role:
We’re constantly thinking about what makes Lumerate a unique and awesome place to work, and how we can continue to make it better. Our Recruitment & Culture Coordinator will collaborate closely with the leader of the T&C department and our Talent & Culture Specialist to support and optimize programs and processes across every stage of the employee lifecycle, but predominantly in recruiting and onboarding new Lumerites.
What you’ll do:
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assist in the full-cycle recruitment process for multiple roles at any given time
- Develop and grow a candidate database through building candidate relationships with applicants through job postings (inbound) and cold emailing (via LinkedIn etc) potential candidates (outbound)
- Work with hiring managers to write and manage job postings for open positions
- Navigate social media and job boards, to creatively map out pools of talent and promote employment opportunities within Lumerate
- Build strong relationships with our internal managers to understand their current and future hiring needs
- Conduct in-depth candidate video call screenings
- Provide timely feedback to all candidates
- Assist with the development and administration of an onboarding plan for each new hire
- Assist in regular check-ins with each new Lumerite to ensure they are adapting to our onboarding process and they have all the necessary tools for success
Culture & Operations
- Assist with the planning and executing of regular internal events and socials, including our twice yearly full team retreats
- Manage Lumerate’s employer social media presence across all employer hubs, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.
- Own + maintain the Lumerate Careers page-including the employee bio page-keeping it relevant and current
- Maintain a positive online presence by reviewing and responding to company reviews (on Glassdoor etc.)
- Other operations tasks as needed
All about you:
- You consider yourself to have high emotional intelligence
- You also consider yourself a social butterfly, and feel energized by planning and being an active participant in a variety of team events
- You believe that work should be meaningful, fun, and rewarding
- You lead with empathy and have the ability to understand what motivates and fulfills others
- You love meeting new people and making new friends
- You can effectively convey emotions and ideas via written and verbal communication, and have a few tricks up your sleeve to make communications impactful
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail, so you’ll notice this request to please mention the landmark you find at coordinates 43.6425662,-79.3870568 in your cover letter
- You’re naturally curious, and you’re eager to further develop your craft and expand your knowledge
What we’d love to see in your work history:
- 1+ years of experience in sales/customer service/recruitment/events
- A high level of initiative and ownership
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field
Why Lumerate? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving hybrid culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + paid statutory holidays
- Upgrade your home office setup with our remote or hybrid stipend
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, Costa Rica, and Portugal)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes)
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits + paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave for full-time employees
Full-time, one year contract
Late November 2023
$55,000-$60,000 CAD annually
Toronto Hybrid (3 days per week in office) or Remote, depending on the preference of the successful candidate
Aligned to EST timezone
Already picturing your first day as our Recruitment and Culture Coordinator? Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.