Customer Success Manager (SaaS)
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry. We’re currently a distributed team of 60 (you’d be lucky Lumerite #61!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire, Lumerate’s first product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the biotech and pharma service provider space to understand what is happening in their niches.
Today more than 380 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
We are well-positioned to hire a new Customer Success Manager to help further support our growing client base.
What the role looks like:
Reporting to our Manager, Customer Success, you’ll immerse yourself deeply in the unique workflows of our users around the world. You’ll become a trusted advisor to each designated customer by providing them with training, guidance and support that will help them get the most out of the platform. The feedback that you collect from our customers will be a critical lifeline for our engineering team, and you’ll play a role in shaping the future of the product. You’ll experience the impact of your efforts daily, as our customers often rave about how much we’ve simplified their day-to-day work!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Striving to reach team-based goals by working closely with other members of the Customer Success team to maximize levels of engagement across the entire Zymewire client base
- Managing and growing a designated book of accounts within the wider client base
- Developing a deep understanding of customers’ strategic priorities to help them derive business value from Zymewire
- Helping to define and develop processes and strategies to increase retention, identify expansion opportunities and mitigate churn risk
- Leading 1:1 product onboarding sessions with customers to help them set up their accounts, and leading subsequent product training sessions thereafter
- Acting as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how Zymewire can better serve our customers
- Collaborate with internal, cross-functional teams (e.g. business development, data, product, new market development) to deliver effective solutions to customers centered on their desired outcomes
- Using Salesforce to maintain diligent administrative records for each customer, including the documentation of conversations
- Leading the management and resolution of user questions and technical requests
Who will be successful in this role?
- A people person who is deeply passionate about and skilled at developing strong business relationships
- Someone who takes pride in contributing to the success of others, and is willing to go above and beyond to help them get there
- An excellent communicator who can effectively convey ideas and emotions via email, phone, video conferencing and in-person interactions
- A life-long learner who prioritizes personal development and strives for continuous growth
- Someone who is metrics-oriented and is motivated to achieve goals
- A naturally curious individual who is eager to understand why and how things work
- Someone who is detail-oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to tell us which awesome restaurant is located at the following coordinates: 43.66484814697388, -79.45482568477735)
- An optimist who persists in the face of challenges
What we’d love to see in your work history:
- Instances where you’ve acquired new knowledge quickly
- Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally one in which you supported enterprise clients
- Experience working at a SaaS company and/or in the, biotech/pharma/medical device industries
- Experience with upselling and meeting sales targets
- Experience using Salesforce, preparing contracts, and invoicing
Why Lumerate? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving hybrid culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + paid statutory holidays
- If based in Toronto, enjoy a dedicated work space at our open-concept office (located in the Junction Triangle) and enjoy the benefits of in-person interactions with colleagues 3 days per week
- Upgrade your home office setup with our remote or hybrid stipend
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave
If the successful candidate is based in the Greater Toronto Area, she/he/they can choose to participate in our hybrid experience, by working from home 2 days/week, while enjoying the benefits of in-person interactions at our Toronto office 3 days/week.
If our successful CSM is based elsewhere in Canada, he/she/they will work remotely 100% of the time.
Base salary between 60-65K CAD + monthly bonuses based on performance
The target start date for this role is November 6, 2023, but can be flexible according to the availability of the successful candidate.
Already picturing your first day as our next Customer Success Manager? Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.