System and Cloud Administrator
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
What the role looks like:
We are looking for an experienced Linux systems administrator to take on the management of our cloud deployment. Working directly with the CTO and others on the Product Development Team, you will be responsible for managing our tens of servers deployed with our cloud provider, helping to make sure the architecture deployed meets the needs of the production applications. Additionally, you will play a primary role in ensuring a secure environment for our customer data and an annual SOC2 audit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage secure virtual cloud deployments.
- Establish and maintain effective monitoring systems and processes.
- Responsible for disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Ensure continual system availability through best practices and automation.
- On-going exploration into the improvement of our environment’s performance.
- Troubleshoot production issues in a timely manner.
- Carry out regular system tests (penetration tests, tenable etc) to satisfy SOC 2 compliance requirements.
- Working with various stakeholders to gather system information and review/develop policies for the completion of security audits and questionnaires.
- Work with stakeholders on security (data classification, network partitioning) and how it impacts systems administration and infrastructure architecture.
- Ensure our infrastructure meets the scalability and operational requirements of our stakeholders.
Who will be successful in this role:
- Someone with a Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- A person who has 5 + years experience in a systems administrator position with cloud based systems
- Someone with 5+ years experience administrating linux in a production environment
- Someone with an understanding of compliance frameworks and regulations such as GDPR, ISO 27001 and SOC 2
- A strong communicator with excellent documentation skills. You can write processes and document changes to the environment and can communicate effectively with both technical and non technical individuals.
- Someone with excellent attention to detail who can work with minimal supervision and can solve complex technical issues in a timely manner.
- Someone with a skill set in the following areas:
- Linux Administration
- Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Terraform)
- Docker, Kubernetes and Containerization
- Scripting languages (Ruby)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery approaches (CI/CD)
- Centralized logging systems
- Performance Monitoring Tools and Techniques
- SCM Tools (GIT)
- A person with experience working in Agile Scrum
Why Lumerate? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving hybrid culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + paid statutory holidays
- If based in Toronto, enjoy a dedicated work space at our open-concept office (located in the Junction Triangle) and enjoy the benefits of in-person interactions with colleagues 3 days per week
- Upgrade your home office setup with our remote or hybrid stipend
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, Portugal and Costa Rica)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave
$90,000 CAD annually
Dependent on the availability of the successful candidate
Remote, anywhere in Canada or hybrid (Tuesdays, Thursdays + Fridays in our Junction area Toronto office)
Already picturing your first day as our System and Cloud Administrator? Apply now with your cover letter + resumé! We look forward to hearing from you.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.