Account Development Representative
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire, Lumerate’s first product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the biotech and pharma service provider space to understand what is happening in their niches. Today more than 380 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
Zymewire is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for an ambitious Account Development Representative to join us for the journey.
What the role looks like:
Working closely with the Business Development Managers to create qualified opportunities each month, the primary responsibility of the ADR position will be to:
- Assume responsibility for the first half of the sales cycle, with a strong focus on growing the top of the sales funnel by qualifying inbound business opportunities and generating new leads.
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing and communicating a deep understanding of our product value proposition and use cases
- Achieving monthly quotas
- Targeting Sales Directors, VP's and C-Level executives within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical market
- Dedicating time in your day to outreach via cold calling and other methods of outbound engagement
- Maintaining internal records in Salesforce and continually suggesting improvements to any administrative aspects of the sales organization
- Support Marketing initiatives to help grow inbound opportunities and increase the company profile and awareness
- Follow up and convert inbound leads to qualified sales opportunities for Business Development Managers
- Uncovering access routes into prospect companies
Who will be successful in this role?
- An excellent communicator who can effectively convey ideas and emotions via email, phone, video conferencing and in-person interactions
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development and strives for growth
- Someone with a competitive spirit who strives to exceed expectations
- Someone who is detail-oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention ‘WALL-E’ in your cover letter)
- An optimist who persists in the face of challenges
- An aspiring sales professional eager to learn from experienced sales leaders
What we’d love to see in your previous work experience:
- Evidence of successfully generating new leads, in a sales or marketing capacity
- Instances where you’ve acquired new knowledge quickly
- General knowledge of SaaS companies, biotech/pharma industries and/or medical devices
Why Lumerate? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving hybrid culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + paid statutory holidays
- If based in Toronto, enjoy a dedicated work space at our open-concept office (located in the Junction Triangle) and enjoy the benefits of in-person interactions with colleagues 3 days per week
- Upgrade your home office setup with our remote or hybrid stipend
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes)
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave
- 45-55k base
- Uncapped monthly bonuses and commissions (based on achievement of targets)
Location: Remote or hybrid (Tuesdays, Thursdays + Fridays in our Junction area Toronto office)
Already picturing your first day as our Account Development Representative? Apply now with your cover letter + resumé! We look forward to hearing from you.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.