Lumerate is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for a Data Specialist to join our Zymewire Data Team for the journey!
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire, Lumerate’s first product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the biotech and pharma service provider space to understand what is happening in their niches. Today more than 380 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals. We are well-positioned to hire a new Data Specialist to help us extend our reach and impact even further.
What the role looks like:
Reporting to our Director of Customer Solutions, the primary responsibilities of the position will be:
- Organizing and maintaining large datasets related to the drug development industry
- Leveraging industry knowledge and data skills to interpret and structure data
- Working with the Zymewire Data Team and Data Engineering Team to improve data processes and data systems
- Contributing as a team player to the rest of the Lumerate functional teams
What we’d like to see from your education/work history?
- A university degree in health or life sciences
- An interest in biology, immunochemistry, anatomy or any other human health related fields
- Curiosity and/or knowledge of the drug development process
- Comfort working with large datasets in Excel or Google Sheets
- Basic coding and/or text editing skills will be considered an advantage
Who will be successful in this role?
- Someone who takes pride and enjoyment in creating order from disorder
- Someone who is passionate about finding high quality data
- Someone with excellent English speaking and writing skills with an ability to effectively understand scientific language and convey ideas via email, phone and video conferencing
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development and strives for growth
- A strategic thinker who loves solving puzzles
- Someone who is deeply inquisitive
- An optimist with contagious enthusiasm
- Someone who is detail oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention “R2-D2” in your cover letter)
Why Lumerate? Perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Trailblaze a new data initiative within a fast growing SaaS company
- Grow with an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Learn from highly nimble and thoughtful data teams
- Gain experience and skills in working with large datasets, including streamlining and automating data processes
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, Costa Rica and Portugal)
- Paid vacation
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes)
- Attend optional virtually held weekly social events
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes to donate to and the company provides the funds)
- Maternity and paternity leave
Salary: $25,000 - $35,000 CAD annually, dependent on experience, paid in your local currency.
Start Date: Based on the availability of the successful candidate.
Location: This role is fully remote.
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume. While we thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We can’t wait to meet you!!
At Lumerate we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are passionate about fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Lumerate is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Ready To Join Us?
Apply for this position below:
(Please Apply On Desktop)
Something looks off?