VP of Engineering
ZTR Control Systems
Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry!
ZTR is a leading global railway technology company that modernizes and digitally connects railway rolling stock to help our clients create transformational environmental and operational efficiencies. Our solutions and services have been provided for decades across the world and are used on thousands of locomotives that have a positive environmental impact. Planning for an environmentally sustainable future means taking action today in preparation for tomorrow. Everyone has a role to play, and we take ours seriously.
ZTR is in search of a Vice President of Engineering. As the VP of Engineering, you will lead diverse development and technology teams, provide strategic leadership for the development and implementation of automation controls and telematics (IoT) technology initiatives, ensuring they are aligned with the company’s mission and objectives to improve service quality and encourage cost-effectiveness.
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy collaborating with talented individuals to solve complex problems? Are you excited to work on truly innovative product development? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it is solving problems, consulting on products with compassion or continuing to train and develop your skills, you will be helping to push an entire industry technologically forward.
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for:
- Leading the team in developing and enhancing complex control system solutions for locomotives.
- Lead and deliver the implementation of telematics hardware and associated Cloud platform.
- Conducting technical reviews of products and service solutions to evaluate their applicability. Resolve technological challenges across the company.
- Leading diverse development and technology teams in their day-to-day operations, supervising heads of departments, and setting performance goals.
- Ability to build appropriate environments to foster talents, innovation and delivery of effective development strategies.
- Ensure effective delivery of services and solutions, and the efficiency of the departments.
- In-depth understanding of budget preparation and business planning, mentor and coach key personnel.
Strategy, Service Delivery and Support
- Developing strategies for advancing technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships
- Provide vision and technical leadership to deliver technologies that meet business needs, while identifying new opportunities for further growth.
- Develop and implement effective organizational structure to drive effective execution of technology initiatives.
- Communicate clear, proactive plans to address technological challenges across the company.
- Enable smooth daily operations across all sites, services, and applications (both internal and customer-facing).
- Develop complex technology infrastructure and anticipate capability challenges.
Experience and skills our VP of Engineering needs:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, Software engineering or a related field
- Preferably a master’s degree in a business administration program
- 10+ years of proven experience in leading diverse engineering teams
- Extensive knowledge of advanced technology, including controls and automation solutions, telematics hardware, embedded and cloud software solutions.
- Proven strategic planning and execution experience, with ability to set and achieve vision and strategy for technological developments and operations.
- Experience with platforms and hardware technology used in the Automation Controls and IoT field is an important asset.
- Adept with complex automation and control applications is an asset.
- Experience with technology vendor management and contract negotiations.
- Proven experience bearing full financial accountability for technological departments, precisely in budgeting, headcount planning and personnel decisions.
- Experience in providing cross functional team leadership, resource management, project planning/management and customer service.
- Strong communicator and motivator with the ability to produce and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, consider joining the ZTR workplace where you can apply your skills and talents to make a difference, both as an individual and as part of a high-performance team. ZTR offers a positive working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about driving environmental and financial benefits for our clients. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence.