Strategy & Operations, Senior Business Operations Manager (Remote First - Toronto)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Join a purpose-driven winning team committed to results in an inclusive and high-performing culture! Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
Our Strategy & Operations team works closely with the Executive Team and the rest of the company to grow and optimize Zensurance to meet all of our company goals.
The Senior Business Operations Manager (BizOps) will be working with various stakeholders from different departments in executing strategic priority projects, owning critical reporting responsibilities, including company-wide dashboard and sales Targets/Forecast/Performance. You will run key analyses to support strategic planning and help the company solve some of the most complex and ambiguous challenges.
As a Senior member of the team, you will be tackling more complex strategic projects and will be looked upon to coach and develop the junior colleagues in the BizOps team.
Reporting to the COO, you’ll work closely with the leadership team to connect our business model and forecasts to measure the success of the company and strategize execution by improving the existing process.
The ultimate objective of this role is to support Zensurance in reaching its overall targets in an analytical and measurable manner.
Metrics for success:
Zen Company Performance: Help achieve key company targets.
Impact delivery: Deliver measurable results on large-scale projects (performance and employee health).
Analytics quality: Run insightful analyses to support decision-making.
Operational reliability: Support recurring operational and reporting requirements.
Support helpfulness: Become a go-to source for others in the organization for support on strategic topics.
Zen people relationships: Develop collaborative and productive relationships.
This position is remote but requires the team member to be based in Toronto, Canada. #LI-Remote
- Key Project Ownership: Own large end-to-end projects across multiple verticals and stakeholders. Identify a problem and create work plans while managing stakeholders and defining a change management approach. Communicate with stakeholders effectively while creating necessary artifacts, managing risks, measuring and monitoring impact and ensuring successful delivery. Example projects include Sales Excellence (improving sales team performance), NPS Launch (defining NPS strategy, infrastructure, approach, and leading implementation), and New Confidential Feature launches.
- Executive-level Insights: Compile and analyze business results on a regular basis, forming opinions on performance and providing commentary and insights to stakeholders.
- Strategic Analyses: Ideate, build and deliver analyses combining both data sets on Excel, Looker and Salesforce as well as non-data-driven findings (e.g., based on interviews, workshops, shadowing, etc.).
- Operational responsibilities: Support the organization by owning operational elements as needed until a long-term solution for the activity is found (e.g., Sales Bonuses).
- Technical Expertise: Expert knowledge of our data, operations, systems and technical infrastructure (i.e. Data models, Looker, Salesforce, Zendesk, Ring Central, etc.) to act as a general expert across our company.
- BizOps Team: Help coach, develop and build the BizOps team as well as create best practices.
- University degree in an analytical field of study, e.g. Business, Engineering, Finance.
- 6-8+ years of relevant industry experience with strategic consulting, corporate strategy or similar roles.
- Experience in executing complex projects that require structured problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Experience in change management for effective development and implementation of solutions.
- Experience in working in an environment with ambiguity.
- Experience in showing ownership in finding the root cause of problems as they come up and being able to develop solutions from a problem statement.
- Ability and willingness to own the execution within operations.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of stakeholders in a logical and empathetic manner.
- Track record of showing sharp judgment and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels.
- Track record of showing a growth mindset by taking on challenges and learning from them.
- Ability to navigate multiple responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring team members.
- Able to contribute to building business operations.
- Willingness to be part of a high-performing environment and be an active giver and receiver of feedback and coaching.
- Advanced level of experience in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office or Google Docs suite (including word, powerpoint, etc.).
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of workflow and analytics-based software (e.g., Looker, Salesforce, Zendesk).
- Working knowledge of product management software (e.g., Confluence and Jira).
- Familiarity with the Insurance industry or broader financial services.
- Familiarity in tech start-up environments.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.