Insurance Analytics Associate (Remote First)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Join a purpose-driven, winning team committed to delivering results within an inclusive and high-performing culture! Our values are rooted in making data-driven decisions and taking calculated risks that add value to both the user and the company.
As a member of the Strategy & Operations Department, you will be a junior-level professional reporting to the Business Lead, Insurance, Strategy & Operations. In this role, you'll support the department leadership team in executing strategic priorities and achieving department objectives, including:
● Insurance Programs: grow and portfolio manage internal insurance programs through data-driven decision
● Flows: Optimize our online questionnaires across all lines of business.
● Zen People Relationships: Support others at Zensurance to meet company goals and continuously improve
broker and underwriting effectiveness and efficiency.
Our Strategy & Operations department collaborates closely with the Executive Team and the entire company to grow and optimize Zensurance to meet all our company goals.
As an individual contributor, you'll focus on a subset of insurance offerings with moderate complexities on the Zensurance website, supporting the company in reaching its overall Growth Written Premium (GWP) targets in a risk-aware manner.
You will also collaborate closely with Insurance Analytics Managers to implement features and expansions to insurance products on the website. The role involves systematic leveraging of our data to identify customer needs and areas of opportunity to optimize our online insurance offerings.
Metrics for success:
● Instant Price %: Maximize the % of online submissions that see a price.
● Insurance Program Performance: New Business and Renewal GWP growth while maintaining target loss ratios.
● Flow Performance: Enhance user experience while meeting underwriting needs to price submissions online.
● Zen People Relationships: Develop collaborative and productive relationships with others at Zen.
This is a remote-first role within the GTA. #LI-Remote
- Insurance Offerings: Support the overall management of internal MGA programs, which includes optimizing the multiple areas.
- Online and referral underwriting appetite: using data analyses, find areas of opportunity to grow underwriting appetite that will have the most impact on instant price and written premium.
- Pricing: make recommendations on pricing through profitability analyses, market trends, and pricing optimization performance.
- Question sets: make recommendations on improvements to question sets based on drop off analyses, simplifying phrasing, and simplifying the underwriting approaches.
- Policy document automation: make updates to the document automation based on underwriting changes and expansions where needed.
- Collaborate with the Insurance Analytics managers and Underwriting Specialists on these changes, and implement the agreed upon changes on the website, guidelines, and training tools, and communicate changes to the operational underwriting and sales teams.
- Reporting and Analytics: Utilize Looker, Salesforce, Amplitude, and Excel to build insurance team related reports and find insights through data analyses.
- Support the Insurance Analytics Managers with data analyses to support team projects.
- Online Questionnaire: In collaboration with the Insurance Analytics Managers, use data to find areas of opportunity for improvement to customer experience and underwriting needs in the online questionnaires, implement the changes on the website using Flow Writer or creating tickets for developers, and track the impact of the change once live.
- University degree in an analytical field of study (e.g. Business, Mathematics).
- Experience in the insurance industry (course, internship, work experience, etc.).
- Advanced analytical skills with attention to detail. The ability to synthesize insights and develop improvement opportunities.
- Superior skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) or Google Docs Suite.
- A passion for learning, coaching and continuous improvement.
- Robust collaboration skills. The ability to influence others and build effective working relationships.
- An ownership mindset and self-drive to create business value and solve problems.
- Ability to change priorities and work in an agile, project-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively, both with external insurance carriers, and internal senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of analytics-based software (e.g., Looker, Amplitude, Salesforce) a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of product management software (e.g., Confluence and Jira) a plus.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.