Commercial Accounts Broker (Remote First)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
At Zensurance, delivering a positive customer experience is core to our values. Do you consider yourself a service-oriented, sales-driven professional? We are looking for a Commercial Accounts Broker that embodies our values of creating positive outcomes with a passion and persistence for delivering an exceptional customer experience with each interaction. We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Reporting to the Senior Team Lead of our Accounts Digital Solutions team, you will be responsible for handling requests from our existing clients with efficiency & professionalism. This position involves working with various risks & policies, including commercial property, CGL, E&O, D&O, medical malpractice & cyber. In this role, you will be working in collaboration with our in-house Underwriting team to best serve our clients. You and your team will be an integral part of delivering excellent client support while also contributing to growing our book of business through upselling & cross selling.
- Meet existing clients' needs related to their insurance requests.
- Issue certificates of insurance, endorsements and other documentation.
- Cross sell & upsell current clients based on their insurance needs.
- Carefully review all new submissions and policy data for accuracy.
- Manage multiple clients and answer all customer queries in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify and recommend operational improvements in our processes to help further improve overall customer experience while creating efficiencies for the team’s workflow.
- Maintain effective communication with clients to fully understand their insurance requirements and make recommendations accordingly.
- Advise customers on any gaps in coverage and recommend additional coverages to consider.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RIBO insurance license.
- 1+ years experience in insurance, preferably commercial lines.
- Small Business insurance experience is an asset.
- Ability to handle a high volume of clients requests.
- Passion for sales and customer support.
- Persistence and agility to meet set targets.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple clients at a time.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.