Team Lead, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Zensurance is growing at a rapid pace and that means our Product is growing too! As we grow, so do our product commitments.
As a Team Lead of Product, you will own the product vision, strategy and roadmap for your portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Product, you will work from the overarching product strategy to drive clarity from ambiguity. As a team lead, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of Product Managers and helping them to reach their potential. You will ensure your team is aligned with the strategy, develop relevant OKRs and deliver roadmaps on time and within scope to deliver the business objectives.
On top of that, you will partner with senior leaders to create a well-defined product vision, strategy and roadmap and help the product team set a clear direction for the next 12-18 months of your portfolio.
This is a remote-first role within the GTA. #LI-Remote
- Evangelize the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and goals to senior leadership and other key stakeholders throughout the organization to drive alignment.
- Work closely with engineering, strategy and business leadership to continuously improve and evolve the Product OKRs and strategy to deliver tangible business outcomes.
- Deeply understand customer needs, and use data and customer insights to create value for the customers and the business.
- Define, monitor, and analyze product metrics and incorporate learnings back into the delivery process.
- Improve product processes to reduce ambiguity about roadmap updates, and project status.
- Effectively communicate recent launches, key Product and business metrics, changes to roadmap priorities, and critical escalations.
- Develop guiding principles and provide mentorship to the product team.
- Be the leader of the product area, and align the team’s OKRs, initiatives and priorities with the business objectives.
- Lead the team to identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from the cross-functional team, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Remove any obstacles, ambiguities, or other friction that are impacting the team’s potential to deliver.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a recognized technical, vocational or academic program or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Product Management.
- 2+ years of experience in people/team management; ideally, managing Product Managers, Business Analysts, or Product Analysts.
- Experience with B2B SaaS platform.
- Working knowledge of commercial insurance.
- Proven track record of delivering products in a fast and iterative way.
- Experience in leading the team to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in working with business stakeholders and engineers, and willing to get into technical details to deliver successful solutions.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills; a willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.