Accounts Customer Experience Broker (Remote First)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
At Zensurance, delivering a positive customer experience is core to our values. Do you consider yourself a service-oriented, sales-driven professional? We are looking for an Accounts Broker that embodies our values of creating positive outcomes with a passion and persistence for delivering an exceptional customer experience with each interaction. We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Reporting to the Team Lead of our Customer Experience team, you will act as the first point of contact for our existing clients by assisting with their insurance needs. Our Customer Experience team is responsible for inquiries and requests that can be handled in a professional and expedient manner. You will be assisting with billing inquiries, cancellation requests, coverage questions, customer service escalations and monitoring website chats.
Our Customer Experience brokers play a key role in client satisfaction and retention.
- Meet existing clients' needs, including but not limited to: billing, cancellations, reinstatement, and general inquiries.
- Support customer experience on our phone and chat.
- Retain clients requesting to cancel policies mid-term.
- Manage billing queries and proactively call clients to collect payment when needed.
- Support and effectively onboard new customers to your base of accounts.
- Carefully review all new submissions and policy data for accuracy.
- Manage multiple clients and answer all customer queries in a timely manner.
- Manage the existing book of business with billing and any other type of client escalations.
- Maintain effective communication with clients to fully understand their insurance requirements and make recommendations accordingly.
- Advise customers on any gaps in coverage and recommend additional coverages to consider.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid RIBO license.
- 1+ year of insurance broking experience. Either personal or commercial.
- Billing and customer service experience is an asset.
- Passion for customer support.
- Persistence and agility to meet set targets.
- Able to communicate clearly with multiple customers.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple clients at a time.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.