Product Manager, Applications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be in charge of our Applications platform to disrupt the commercial insurance landscape with us and help small businesses find the right solutions that meet their needs.
The Product team works to strategically design, develop, and manage user-centered digital products that align with our business objectives. Through user feedback and data analysis, the team ensures the delivery of innovative and reliable digital solutions that drive the company’s success in the digital marketplace.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Product, you will be responsible for owning the product strategy and roadmap for the payments platform. Your role will involve leveraging the overarching Product strategy to guide the development of roadmaps, set objectives, and achieve desired results.
You will ensure alignment between your team and the strategic direction of the product. This includes bridging the gap between organizational functions by aligning the Technology and Sales teams.
This is a remote-first role within the GTA. #LI-Remote
- Work closely with the Product team and Senior Leaders to execute the product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Present quarterly roadmap and goals to senior leadership and other key stakeholders to drive alignment and buy-in for the product vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience by identifying and filling product gaps, and generating new ideas to improve customer experience. Drive growth using data-driven insights.
- Research, identify and draft specifications, craft user stories. Work closely with the Product team to plan project rollouts through development, testing, and launch.
- Define, monitor and analyze product metrics, incorporate learnings back into the delivery process to improve processes and reduce ambiguity.
- Define, monitor and analyze product metrics to prioritize features and initiatives that meet OKRs.
- Work to continuously improve product roadmap and OKRs, and deliver tangible business outcomes by measuring the intended outcome of the delivered features.
- Own the product backlog, sprint planning, user stories. Build comprehensive project and implementation plans.
- Actively build working relationships with Technology, Insurance Analytics, and Business Leadership to facilitate cross departmental alignment.
- Assess roadmap capacity, build the roadmap, and justify planned initiatives to ensure stakeholders alignment.
- Create and maintain training materials, provide training and demos on new features and enhancements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Software Product Management.
- Experience working as a Product Owner or Product Manager.
- Experience performing A/B testing.
- Experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Able to pay attention to detail, stay organized and prioritize accordingly.
- Able to take ownership, collaborate, and communicate efficiently with stakeholders.
- Understanding of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Advanced MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel and other Business Intelligence tools.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Zoom and Slack, or similar office tools.
- Experience with data analytics platforms such as Looker, Amplitude, Fullstory, etc.
- Relevant Product Management Certificate is an asset.
- Experience with Web applications is an asset.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.