Team Lead, Accounts Customer Experience
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is disrupting the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
We are looking for a Team Lead to join our growing Accounts Customer Experience Team! This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in process implementation and improvement, coaching and mentoring a team of brokers striving to provide a first-class customer experience and finding out of the box solutions to further our retention of our existing clients.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Accounts, in this role, you will be required to mentor and coach a team of Accounts Brokers in addition to monitoring and improving best practices and process improvement for our clients. Customer experience and coaching ability are at the core of this position, seeking every opportunity to nurture your Accounts team members to deliver results.
- Must continue to learn and inspire others to continue to learn as well.
- Build up others and inspire their colleagues to do things that are more challenging than what they might think they are capable of.
- Will be accountable for managing and driving performance to exceed company targets, by conducting team meetings and impactful performance plans to elevate results.
- Must perform one-on-one meetings with each of their direct reports and work to discover action items to help them improve.
- Actively shadow team members and coach them to lift their performance to achieve desired levels.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new talent and set them up for success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare and follow up on progress trackers for direct reports.
- Implement best practices for retaining policies during cancellations.
- Create and train brokers on best practices to encourage clients cancelling their policies to return to Zensurance.
- Work closely with leads to ensure service, business process and operations are consistent with quality standards.
- Manage and oversee escalations with integrity and direction to the client.
- Host and support internal audit preparation, process and follow up.
- Manage and distribute Zen website inquiries and triage support emails and general voicemail inbox that is not assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RIBO license required.
- Over 3 years of broking experience.
- At least one year of people management or mentorship experience.
- Persistence and agility to meet set targets consistently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple clients at a time.
- CAIB/CIP would be an asset.
- Experience working in a call center would be an asset.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.
See more open positions at Zensurance
Something looks off?